Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

744 FMC: Magenta course line for KJFK departure wrong

I have a saved flight and FMC flightplan KJFK-KIAD, dep. rwy 31L, no SID. Every time I load this flight, the magenta course line shows the departure from the vicinity of the KJFK VOR and I am unable to change it in any way. It's very strange. If I re-enter the departure runway in the DEP/ARR page, it does nothing. Nothing I do can change the incorrect departure course line. The magenta line is always to my right (where the airport VOR is located) so that when I depart and click on the AP, the a/c flies slightly right to join this incorrect course line instead of heading straight out to the first waypoint 3-4 nm ahead.I have observed a similar corruption at one or two other airports where I need to re-enter the departure runway and EXEcute for the course line to be "straightened out" in line with the departure runway heading, but only at KJFK 31L does the magenta line always refuse to behave at all. Any suggestions gratefully accepted, thanks.Jonathan

Hi jonathon,This is not a corruption but quite common place, at least in the real world. The flight plan will probably be from JFK VOR and not the airport. Hopefully the PMDG simulation will respond in the same way as the real world aircraftas follows. Enter all the info in as normally including the departure runway. Then go to the RTE page 1 and put the first waypoint you wish to proceed to at the top of the page. EXECute. I am not familiar with KJFK but are you entering a SID? Does it have a transition and if so are all the discontinuities resolved?CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall