Sign in to follow this  
strider

"Extended download" question.

I've never purchased this at other developers and I didn't do so with the 737NG and 737NG/800/900 purchase. I always save my information on downloaded software and never needed this elsewhere. Just to be sure...if I have all my info and need to re-download my purchased software in the future...I will have no issues with this? I find the idea of paying EXTRA money to have my PURCHASED software available to me at any time a bit disconcerting, IF that's what JustFlight is proposing. I paid for this software and expect to be able to download it at anytime I need it (due to HD crashes, etc.) as long as I can present proof that I am the legal purchaser of this software. Is this not the case? Vic

Why should you be entitled to use their bandwidth every time you want to. If you buy a product in a shop it is up to you to keep it safe. The same applies to downloaded software. Made a copy when you have downloaded it.

What??? Flight1 doesn't seem to have a problem with it...and actually REQUIRES new downloads of a product if it's been installed more than 3 times...the installer will no longer work if you have had system problems requiring several installations over time. As long as PMDG does not have this requirement, then I can burn the installer and use it forever. I wasn't asking to be able to download it "at will"...I was asking if there are restrictions on the installer itself which require downloading again (either registration keys or the complete installer), ala Flight1. I had valid concerns...try to "lighten up" on the PMDG newbie, OK?SHEESH!! :-fume

I try and do that regularly, Ryan...my concern involved whether the PMDG installer had "limits" like my Flight1 stuff does. After so many installs, Flight1 requires all sorts of "contortions" to re-install an addon. As this doesn't seem to be the case with PMDG products (I'm guessing?), I'm good. Thank you for your reply. Vic