Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fuerteventura

Using a dual monitor setup

Guest Fuerteventura

I'm using a dual monitor setup with my 737-800 and have managed to set up the PFD and EFIS (map screen thing) on to the second monitor by de-selecting Full Screen, moving the windows on to the second monitor, and selecting full screen. THis is perfect - the only problem is that no matter what I do, the instruments go to the top left corner of the screen, which looks unbalanced and strange, how do you make it so that they go in the middle, or wherever you want them? I'm using an Nvidia Geforece 6600. Any suggestions?? Cheers.

you should be able to just click and drag them. i can do that.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Guest Fuerteventura

>you should be able to just click and drag them. i can do>that.In Full Screen mode? When I click on them it just returns the window to it's place in the cockpit

yeah, that's what i do. windowed mode, undock, move them over, go fullscreen after that. just like you said.then, in full screen mode, i go over to the secondary screen and drag/resize whatever i have showing there (FMC etc.)i have win xp sp2, and a 7800GT. which nvidia driver are you using? make sure it is the newest one since i couldn't even do dual monitor with fs2004 with older drivers. expect for one oooold one.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Hello, hope I'm not stealing the thread. i have a relevant question. I've asked around locally but get mixed answers.Can I do the same things with a networked laptop running as a second system as I can a single computer running both monitors? With the coming of FSX and it's big hit on computers I thought it prudent to leave the video card running it's own monitor only and let the laptop's processor and card take care of whatever I put on it. Is this possible? I know some programs like SB3 have this option built in, but what if for example I want to run Jeppesen's SimTrack, or FSNav or even ASv6 on the laptop and leave the desktop to consentrate only on FS..?Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Xander,You need to get WideFS to run what you are suggesting on a second PC. WideFS is another amazing little gizmo programmed by Pete Dowson. For WideFS to run you need a registered license of FSUIPC.I run ActiveSky v6, Squawkbox3, ServInfo, FSM Moving Map and a couple of gadgets for my VA on my second PC with this setup. Works great!You will not be able to run two, or more, synchronized instances of FS with this setup though. That can be managed through WideView and a purchase of an extra copy of FSX/FS9.WideFS: www.schiratti.com/dowsonWideView: www.wideview.itHope it helps,

Guest Fuerteventura

Using the latest drivers - when I click it just returns to the first monitor - doesn't let me resize or move. What graphics card are you using?

Guest abulaafia

you can just move the windows with the mouse ... if not, than there is something wrong with your setup. also note that if you are using flatscreens (TFT-LCD), fullscreen mode is pointless technically and you will get better performance running the sim in windowed mode (move the task bar to the secondary monitor, auto-hide, and hide the menu bar.

Guest Fuerteventura

>you can just move the windows with the mouse ... if not, than>there is something wrong with your setup. >>also note that if you are using flatscreens (TFT-LCD),>fullscreen mode is pointless technically and you will get>better performance running the sim in windowed mode (move the>task bar to the secondary monitor, auto-hide, and hide the>menu bar. Many thanks for your reply. I was not aware that Full screen is pointless when using flat screens.So if I go to Windowed mode, how do I create the dark background behind the instruments on my second monitor (apart from having blank wallpaper?)