Sign in to follow this  
Guest Concordeguy

Follow the flightplan automatically

Guest Concordeguy

Is there a way I can get the 744 to automatically follow the flightplan so that I do'nt have to have ATC telling "turn to heading..."?

Not sure what you mean. Your flight plan should be in the FMC and you should be able to check it thru on the legs page. Not sure which ATC you are using but the default FS9 ATC has a lot of limitations and you will frequently get headings to steer. Try and keep the FS9 flight plan as close to your actual as possible.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Is there a way I can get the 744 to automatically follow the>flightplan so that I do'nt have to have ATC telling "turn to>heading..."?>Forget about MS ATC, they don't interpret your flight plan worth a da*m.No body home!!!I create my flight plans mostly with FSBuild 2.2. Then I load into the coroute LSD.The resulting plan may or may not be comp;ete regarding stars etc.So I go into Arr/Dep and index to display Arr LSK and chose the runway and Transition, etc.I then go to the legs pages, after going into plan mode and step thru the flight. Often I have to manualy (using the correct approach plate) insert the final waypoint to the runway. Of course I resolve any Disco's.When satisfied I go to the RTE page and use route copy. It will say route XXXX.XXXX 001 saved.Next time you fly the same route you enter XXXX.XXXX001 and the updated flight plan is loaded, go fly.You will fly on auto from takeoff to touchdown.Of course you will have to use the approach LSK to set speed/flaps etc. Do that when your a little over half way thru the flight.Or fly avsim. Now your talking to some one real!

Guest dt1951

Concordeguy, please sign you real name per the forum guidelines. I am not really sure where you are having the problems with following a flight plan. If you are using one of the STARs from KATL you are likely using one that is essentially from the departure end of the runway to the transition waypoint in which case you can arm LNAV and hit the A/P button once clear of the runway. If you are being vectored after departure to your IP for the STAR you can use the HDG function until you are given the "direct to" instruction. Then you can use the "direct to " function in the FMC to plot the course from current position to the assigned waypoint. Then enable your LNAV. In all cases, you must be in LNAV mode to follow your flight plan. I'll leave to others to explain how to import flight plans into the FMC since I don't use that method. Hope this helps...