Sign in to follow this  
Guest milkyway

OMI-Marker of B738 NG

Guest milkyway

Hi folks,I'm owning and flying a PMDG B738 NG with very much fun.When I'm flying online at IVAO I'm mostly/always advised by ATC to report when crossing the outer-marker on ILS-approach. But there are no marker lights and also there is not a 75kHz tone on my panel. Where can I find it or what I'm doing wrong?GreetingsHermann

Hi Hermann:Are you flying with the 800-900 update ?If yes, open the Radio Panel and you will find a "MKR" switch, click on it, a yellow light will go up, and voil

Guest milkyway

Hi Jose Luis,thanks a lot for your reply. But your answer didn't help me. Listen what I've done during the last few days. First of all I downloaded the recommended update-files. When I started to install all the update the update 737 800/900 service 1 I got the message that I'm still owning version 1.1. So far so good.Then I tried ro install the service update v.1-v.3 and here I got the error message:"The file c:ProgrammeMicrosoftGamesFlight Simulator 9GaugesPMDG_737NG_Main.gau is not a valid previous version and could not be updated". I think there must be also an update v.2 but i don't know where it is availiable.And the update 737 800/900 seems not to be the right one because I'm not owning the PMDG 737 600/700 version.I also activated the marker by clicking the marker-button in the radio panel. It already lighted up yellow, but there was no sound when crossing the outer marker and last but not least there are no letters with OM,MM and IM in the upper right side of the PFD.What to do?Greetings Hermann

Hermann:I see that you have not an OMI marker problem but an installation problem. You should mail the support team and perhaps they can help you. They are very kind and often answer with not much delay.Jose Luis

Have you tried flying the approach in one of the default aircraft? I have noticed that the FS nav database does not always have the OM, MM and IM activated.

Guest milkyway

Hello George and Jose Luis,great thanks for your answers.@ Jose Luis: I think also that there is an installation problem.@ George: I tried it with several aircrafts, with standard (default) aircrafts and even with another addon and there I've OMI-Lights and sound.So I think I'll mail it to the support-team of PMDG as you recommended.Thanks againHermann