Sign in to follow this  
Guest waltherm

Just bought 737NG and Have a few questions

Guest waltherm

Hello everyone,I just got to test my pmdg yesturday on the tarmac at KBUR with the advance scenery. I was impressed but concerned because I was getting between 7-23 FPS in the VC with stuttering when moving around. In the spot I was getting between 12-26 stuturing as well. I went to the KLAX 25R and I got 10-16 FPS and all this with very dense scenery and clouds to simple aa controlled via the graphics gpu. Ive read people specs and get better frame rates than I do at much more complex scenery levels I really would like to be steady 20-30fps. No stuttering can anyone point me in the right direcction. I have FSX installed but I first installed fsx then I installed fs9. I heard people having trouble with both sims in one pc but they had fs9 and then got fsx. Also I have vatsim sqawkbox running. that relieves 4-5 fps when i trun it off.Here is my system:AMD 64 3200 NVIDIA X550 256MB1gb DDR Ram 400250GB SATA Maxtoraa= 2x through gpuaf= 2x through gpulighting effects to 8terrain mech at 70water effects lowairplane details ultra hightarget 40fps1280 x 720 resolutionHopefully someone can help as I am eager to enjoy this craft-Walther MedranoReturning Simmer to the Community

Guest airbus2

I have a fairly decent system but got poor frames with the pmdg, I turned everything to low and then went back and started taxiing around. With these settings I got a good steady 30ish fps. Then I started moving each slider up untill performance suffered.Using ths method I was able to strike a balence between good looking visuals and good frame rates(20-30fps).I am on another pc now so cant get my settings but when I get time i'll try and get them for you.Regards,Dave

....And when you have programmed the FMC you will get even less FPS.The answer is to, use only the 2D panel version. It's the VC view that slows this simulation and is still a stunner on many middle to low end systems.WOrks okay now on mine but, it cost me money to build one capable of fluid running.In favour of the 'NG's is the fact that after flying everything else, I still return to fly the 'NG's with a lot of affection. It is a superb simulation in my opinion.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Hello everyone,>>I just got to test my pmdg yesturday on the tarmac at KBUR>with the advance scenery. What advanced scenery are you using for KBUR?- John