Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raymond

FMC for 747

Guest Raymond

I am having a little difficulty inputing info into my FMC....the manual doesn't cover my problem. I am wondering if anyone has done a tutorial for the FMC. My problem is on a flight from London to CDEGAlle. EGLL to LFPG. My legs are MAY, DPE, and CGN. Arrival runway at LFPG is 09L. When I imput this info into the FMC I naturally get a disco between CGN and RX09L and another between RX09L and RW09L. I can remove the disco between CGN and RX09L the normal way that is by typing RX09L below and inserting it into the disco boxes after CGN. But when I try to type RW09L to insert it in the boxes after RX09L I get a message saying I have inserted a disco. I have tried several techniques but none helps. I have several other companies liveries and the FMC removes the discos the same way. Any help would be appreciated/

Hi RaymondI would like to try and help as I have successfully completed many flights with the 747, so I will plan a route using several softwares that I have and enter them into the fmc and see what happens, I do not know how experienced you are with route planning, for example are you conversant with sids and stars, or are you planning routes without them. Let me get a standard route, and report back here when I have something to reportregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Raymond have you checked the track between these waypoints. I am not familiar with CGN but I think you have got a situation where you go from CGN to RX09L and then you are getting the discontinuity because you are trying to do a 180 degree (or another large angle) turn back to the runway (RW09L). Have you tried entering a STAR and approach for LFPG?

Cheers

Steve Hall

Hi again RaymondI entered your flight plan into the fmc without any problem,and would find it difficult to see where you were having problems unless we did a step by step comparison. However your plan is a little unconventional, because if you go directly from DPE to CGN you will come in at around 140 degrees and CGN is in line with 09R and very close to the runway threshhold.I do not think you would have much chance of doing a nice landing on 09L from there. Also 09L is only 8800 ft long and 09R is over 13000ft long.You mentioned a fmc tutorial, I am not sure if you are aware that on PMDG site there are 4 tutorials to learn to fly the plane properly which includes the FMC. I think maybe it woud be best for you to do the tutorials and let us know how you get on, then apply what you have learnt to your flight plan.hope this helpsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg