Sign in to follow this  
Guest alex_th2

Plane crashes without reason upon touchdown

Guest alex_th2

Hello,first of all I must say that the PMDG 747 is a great plane. Before I was used to fly the famous PS1.3, however it has just become to obsolte and now the PMDG reaches (almost) the level of PS 1.3. Anyway, here's my problem: I have loaded the Lufthansa livery. During touchdown a crash is suddenly detected and the 'game is over'. This is really annoing after some hours of flying...You can assume that all variables are in the green (such as gear, flaps etc). The crash happens even when landing in autoland mode. I turned off the detect crash mode in FS9, then I can land the queen but I feel that the plane is bumping up and down. Its totally strange. Thanks for helping.Cheers,Alex

Guest aa7373

I read this post on crashing on runway upon landing. I've experienced this at Denver International (KDEN) where the runways are concrete. I have switched off crash detection in the meanwhilein order to land there. It was frustrating after a long flight and using autoland just to end up crashing when autospoilers came up.John

Guest mark_wilby

Hi AllI