Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest flyboysp19

Failed CD Install

Guest flyboysp19

I recently bought PMDG 747-400 Queen of the skies, however i cant seem to install it. I put the disc on and the first screen loads up where you can install the aircraft and additional liveries. When i click on the install PMDG 747-400 button, nothing happens. I have have tried browsing the disc and clicking on the exe file in the setup folder but that still has not worked .}( .I have tried putting the disc in my DVD drive as well but to no avail.I cant seem to get it to work. This is the first PMDG product i have bought so i believe there should be no issues with other PMDG programs.I am currently using FS9 and i do meet teh system requirements for this program.Thanks in advance for the help

Send a detailed e-mail to support@precisionmanuals.comThey can help!

George Morris

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

You state a CD version so I believe you have Aerosoft's boxed version using their installer. Register your product using the key provided probably in the case on the FAQ/patch/forum link. That will take you to support there. www.aerosoft.com.If any agreement comes up with the install make sure you have clicked acceptance. Also make sure you have finished checking all options and your path to FS9.

Ron Ginsberg
KMSP Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Puddles
rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Support Team

Guest flyboysp19

The thing is that, i dont even get that far.Nothing happens after i click on the install button so i dont even have a chance to accept or alter anything. I followed your suggestion and am now just waiting for a reply from them regarding this issue.Could the problem be associated with my system setup/configuration?Regards flyboysp19

Guest Copperhead

I recently re-installed FS9 and I encountered the same issue with PMDG 747-400 Queen of the skies (Aerosoft CD version).The installer for 747-400 DOES NOT WORK under Windows XP Service Pack 2. The installer would produce a fatal error when I click on it (applies to the install 747-400/install liveries welcome screen and the exe file itself in the setup folder).The installer would work under Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 3 though. However, this is hardly a solution for those who wish to stick to Windows XP Service Pack 2.I tried to look for a hotfix for the installer but to no avail.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $640.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now