Sign in to follow this  
craig_read

AIRAC cycle 701

I wanted to know your opinions.. I mean I have a navigraph account and some credits in there.. but how often do you update your FMC with the new cycle? I mean at 20 credits a go.. it's not all that cheap really and I wonder sometimes if it ever makes a difference to my flying at all..Can someone enlighten me.. ? I'm a bit ignorant with respect to this stuff so wanted to know what you guys all do..Thank you..Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

Hello,Considering the number of comercial addons I have, it is really inexpensive, and I update my navdata every 28 days, even sometimes twice, when corrections are released.Probably as many others, but I will speak only for me, I am very happy by their work, and I could only advise you to do so.Cyrille de LattreAsus P5B WIFI deluxe/PIV 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAM2 566Nvidia 7600 GT PCIe 256 MegWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

I know what you mean.. if you have a lot of add ons I can understand it.. but I only have the queen that'll use this :(Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

I update every cycle to support by sidstar development. In doing so, I've notice the FAA issues very minor changes every other cycle. In other words, the odd-numbered cycles currently are the ones worth getting. Get 0701 and skip 0702 if you have a really tight budget and want to save that $2.60.

Dan Downs KCRP

of course, there are some parts of the world not covered by the faa and the navigraph team make fixes to world-wide data that appear in even numbered cycles as well as the odd ones.my view is update every cycle, as the cost is really quite minimal, even on a tight budget.

Guest abulaafia

you should update now because every cycle is ironing out some bugs --- and more SID/STARs are included. once they work smoothly, I plan to update every 3 months only.