Sign in to follow this  
Guest gwm1959

Missing KATL runway in 747 FMC

Guest gwm1959

I have a question for the forum. When FSX came out I removed all of my FS9 related items and FS9. Unhappy with FS10 after playing with it and the available planes, tweaks, etc., I removed it completely and reinstalled FS9 and all related add-ons.Today I installed the scenery/runway update for KATL. This was file katl_ils_v1.1.zip from the Avsim library. It adds the new 10-28 runway plus other scenery. I followed the install directions to the letter. The FS9 compiled properly and all looks good at KATL in FS9 including all the new buildings and runway 10-28. I then copied the cycle 0701 from planepath to the pmdg sidstars file overwriting the KATL.txt file. Now when at KATL and I select KATL in the fmc as a departure airport I get that runway 10 is missing and I cannot choose any departing runways or sids for KATL. Funny thing is the AIRAC date in the FMC startup page is showing a much older version from 2005 like AIRAC 0506. If my memory is correct that info should be updated too but since the navdata is not being installed by an PMDG installer that update step may be getting missed. Am I missing some step here to make the new scenry work with the navadata?? I even tried the latest KATL_v3.zip file but the error still occurs. Any advice would be appreciated.Garth McNichol

You said you updated sidstars but did you also update the airac data? The FMC seems to indicate this is required.Runways are defined in the airac data, used by sidstars. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest gwm1959

I purchased the 0701 airac and installed and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks.Garth McNichol