Sign in to follow this  
CPTAB

747-400F Nose Cargo Door

Guy's With all four Eng's shut down, with ground power on and APU set to on (not start) I can not get the APU Gen2 or EXT PWE2 to show AVAILwhat am I missing Ive never had that problem befor getting the noes openAlvinNewark N.J

Can you post a couple of screenshots showing the overhead elec panel and the EICAS elec synoptic? This is not making sense.(Edit) when you say the APU is set to ON, you mean it's running, don't you?Thanks.Cheers.Q>

The nose cargo door NEEDS BOTH sides of the a/c to at least have power AVAIL....so either you have to have ground EXT2 available (or in use) OR you must run the APU and have power available on BOTH sides- no way around it.Best- Carl

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

ah.. I see.... The instructions for opening the nose cargo door probably include the line... "The #2 APU Gen switch must be AVAIL, but not ON" (This is not referring to the APU selector (OFF/ON/START switch). You must have the APU started and running to use the APU generators to open the nose door. There is no point having the APU ON/START switch in ON if the APU is not running. All this basically does is open the APU inlet door ready for APU start.When you request Ext Power via the PMDG menu, I believe there is a randomness to the appearance of power on Ext #2. You may have to try the menu selection a few times to get Ext #2 to appear.Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Q>