Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

better performance of 600/700 when upgrading to 800/900?

Guest over and out

Hi all,So I have been considering getting the 737 NG 800/900 upgrade. I read that this update makes the 600/700 perform better, such as better Frame Rates. Is this true?Other than the larger planes, are there significant upgrades in the 800/900 and do you recommend?

It's been awhile so I don't remember the specifics, but I was happy with the upgrade. The graphics are better and there could have been some improvement to the FMC. Although I fly the 737-700 (SWA) most of the time it is nice to have the larger versions to fly COA etc.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest neeraj.pendse

I think the panel is upgraded, so you get TCAS with the -800/900. Also, you get working wipers :-) I thought that being able to fly -800s and -900s was also fun. I am happy with the value for the update, although incremental value over the NG might be a little less than your original purchase, I prefer to have this pricing structure than the NG up at $50 and 8/9 a little less than what it is now.- Neeraj.

Guest over and out

Yes, the price is a little steep. That is mainly why I have not purchased it prior. It didn't seam that I would be getting that much more. But I do like the 600/700 so I thought if there was a significant "upgrade" I would get it.I'll have to consider it further,Thanks all!