Sign in to follow this  
Guest DAL2309

PMDG 747 air conditioning

Guest DAL2309

can any one tell me how to turn off te sound when you load the 747 that sound like wind blowing, that over powers basically everything. I think it's the air conditioning but I am unsure how to turn it off.Thanks in advance

so basically, what you are asking is, how do I reduce the realism of the sim? :(It's either Equipment Cooling or Aircon, but I don't recommend switching off either of these if you want your passengers to live. I guess the next best thing is to adjust your cockpit ambient sound levels. Have you found these yet?Cheers.Q>

Guest DAL2309

I want the realism. that wasn't a part of my question (LOL) but I did try to reduce my ambbient sound levels but it didnt work. Is there a file in the sound foler or so that I can erace to not hear the SOUND, and have the system still active?Thanks in advance

Guest dt1951

Thanks in Advance,The real 744 is pretty noisy in the cockpit...

mr thanks in advance,that sound is the apu bleed sound i believe that you are talking about... its loud just like that in the cockpit, but if you wanted it off, you could perhaps replace that specific file in the sound directory to a silent one, i don't know the name of it though

"that sound is the apu bleed sound i believe that you are talking about..."Delta... You can't hear APU bleed in the cockpit. It is either Equipment Cooling (which is powered by electric fans) or the Airconditioning Packs. Isolate the sound by switching off aircon, or putting the equipment cooling selector to Override.In flight, there is a very high wind noise, also. Where where you when the noise was the loudest?Hope this helpsCheers.Q>

Guest DAL2309

Thanks for all the help guys.I just accepted that it have to stay the way it is. :)

Guest nicam

you forgot to sign in your name, thanks in advance.Michael

Guest DAL2309

LOL :)Thanks in advance,Mark Celestine

Hello everyone!I would like to turn down the packs sound (and there must be another one, for when you switch of the packs there is some sort of ticking sound left). I cannot locate, however, the sound file in which they are stored. Does anyone know where those soundfiles are or, more specifically, how they are named?Thanks in advance!!

Thanks, Vin,I have unchecked that box already and those sounds are still there... There must be a soundfile somewhere that produces those sounds, but where???Regards,

Ms/Mr Regards,Some of the sounds in FS are incorporated in the gauges i.e. no sound files to play around with.Hope it helps,

Sorry, about the name. Seem to have forgotten a line :)I feared as much (about the gauges thing). Too bad. Thanks anyway.Cheers,Dennis

Guest hangar744

Hi Dennis,---for when you switch of the packs there is some sort of ticking sound left---That rapid ticking sound is made by the standby altimeter vibrator.regards,delcom