Sign in to follow this  
schepma

Cockpit display problems with PMDG 737/744

Hi all, Yesterday I noticed that there is suddenly a problem with the cockpit displays of the PMDG aircraft on my computer. Some of the fonts which are used on the PFD, ND and EICAS displays are slightly bigger than before. This causes some problems, e.g. the digital readout of the EGT is not completely visible, the EICAS messages are partly overlapped with the engine displays etc. Affected by this phenomenon are the PMDG-737NG, the PMDG-744 and LDS-767. I checked the FAQ's and this support forum. In the FAQ of the 737-NG display problems were reported which had to do with a wrong setting of the windows DPI size. But I checked this on my computer and it is set to the correct value (96 DPI).Also, the problem is not caused by a wrong screen resolution. It occurs both in fullscreen and window mode, in all typical resolution settings (e.g. 1024*768 or 1280*960). I suspect that it has something to do with the fonts installed on my computer. Perhaps the font used by the gauges was overwritten by an add-on or other third-party software. I must admit that I'm really puzzled by this. I didn't change any system or graphics settings, the only things I changed on my computer in the past few days were to install FSBuild and the latest AIRAC cycle (from Navigraph) for the PMDG. The latter is certainly not the problem. Maybe the installation of FSBuild changed any windows fonts? Is there anything else I can do/check?Thank-you, Dirk

Dirk Schepmann
Münster, Germany (EDDG)

Flight simulation enthusiast since 1993
Favorite Aircraft: PMDG 747-400 QoTS II, PMDG 777, FSLabs A320, Majestic Dash Q400 and Aerowinx PSX

I'm not 100% certain, but I think the panel uses the Arial Narrow font. I stand by to be corrected.You could check that this font is still in the font folder, and has not been renamed/overwritten with rubbish/deleted.