Sign in to follow this  
DF9AA

TCAS 737/747

I used the search function - but in over 100 postings I could not find the answer . . . When I am flying with the 747 I noticed that I am just by myself in the air . . . no TCAS signals whatsoever. Yesterday I had an approach into JFK with not a single TCAS signal - not even far away . . .When I am with the 737 in the air I see very often signals around me - with traffic alerts and without and even in cruise there are signals above and below . . .The PMDG settings are identical in both a/c - I am using reg. FSUIPC - do I have to set the 747 in a special way ?

From the PMDG documentation:"The TCAS2 system used on the 747-400 automatically suppresses the display of aircraft trafficthat is not immediately in conflict with the airplane. As such, the only time traffic will be displayedis when it presents the potential for a traffic conflict and/or a resolution advisory. Some usersmay wish to be able to see non-conflicting traffic, however and selecting the Show All Non-Threatening Traffic option will allow the user to see all surrounding traffic rather than only conflicting traffic."So, this is a feature of the actual 747-400 TCAS2 system, however, if you prefer, you can force to show all traffic by selecting the "Show All Non-Threatening Traffic" on the "Various" page of the PMDG menu in your FS.Tim

Hi Tim,thanks for the answer - one of the 382 pages I missed . . .

>Hi Tim,>thanks for the answer - one of the 382 pages I missed . . .No problem Karl, that's what I'm here for!Enjoy your flights!Tim