Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyingdutchman

Freeware Developers Give them a break

Guest CharlesH

Hi All:I have seen over the past few weeks alot of people complaining over great freeware planes that have been developed. There is nothing wrong with providing constructive critism, but it seem some people have gone over board. I cannot understand, by what right people have to start off complaining, over someone(s) hard work, dedication, time and effort into making works of art for all of us to enjoy. This simple amazes me. I think that this only applies to a minority of people out there, not the majority. Where are some peoples manners? Can we just stay a simple thanks, I appreciate what you did and achieved? Is that too hard? Yet, I see some people say,our flight dynamics are wrong, your engines colors are wrong, and the list can go. Lets stop this mess. I truely admire people like, Mike Stone, Peter Sterling, Simubuild, Project Airbus, Posky, CSI, PSS, and this list can go on and on. Lets give them a break, and let them do what they do best, design planes, panels, scenery for all us to enjoy. I for one, do admire all those who make those great planes, panels and scenery. I do appreciate all of there efforts. Your talents and efforts are appreciated. Charles Huckelbery

Guest Heather 636

Thanks Charley!I haven't done a spit in the bucket compared to some around here, but we truly appreciate your words and that's all the thanks necessary, if any is necessary at all. I like doing what I do and when I have created something I like, albeit perhaps not perfect, I like sharing it with others.I, for one, know that the complainers are a minority, so I pay little attention to them and will continue to carry on. Never know what's going to come out of my drawing room next. Depends on the mood. Cheers!And thanks!Heather

Totally agree. I own the payware C421 and it is a really nice plane but lately I've been flying the freeware Piper Arrow 3 of John Baier and am sure I'll be using the Deb more once the VC version comes out. There are tons of great freeware aircraft. I wish I could make them myself.

Welcome to the world of "Its all about me". It never ceases to amaze me what folks who contribute freely of their time have to put up with. I think we should develop a "wall of shame" that freeware authors post some of the more agregious email they get on, and let the senders be publicly exposed. Bet that might cause some of these children to consider before shooting off at the mouth. In fact, AVSIM should post some of the email we get too!!! :)

I'll be glad to contribute as I get about 1 or 2 a day should of, would of, could of e-mails....Rick Sasala

Guest CharlesH

Anniette:Your very welcome. And thanks for your comments. I cannot wait to see Mike's 727 come out of your paint shop. I know that they are going to be great! BTW: I do love your web site and your art work. Thanks for posting them and your planes are just great! Thanks for all your efforts.Kind regards,Charles Huckelbery

Guest CharlesH

Hi Tom:Thanks for your comments. Maybe a wall of shame might help. Some exposure might help. Maybe also banning them from downloading files here at AVSIM might help also. I fear that probably the responses one would get would take all of AVSIM hard drive. I appreciate hearing from you. Kind regards to you and your family. Hopefuly, if I can go to the convention, I love to meet you.Charles Huckelbery

DO IT!!!! DO IT!!!!! That would be so much fun and provide great stress relief after a hard day at work!!Call it the LAUGH LAST page or conference!!I'm all for it, and as soon as I am able to be among those who get the cruddy emails I'll send in a submission.DO IT!!! DUDE, Your getting your email posted!!http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Guest Reddog

Yes Sir that would be great!!!! I cannot believe that anyone would OR SHOULD complain about anything that's freeware period!!!!I don't know a thing about making any of this stuff,A/c, scenery,mesh, etc. so I'm very grateful to all the people that do and willing to share, and for free!!! A very big thank you to all of you designers of everything.http://www.enter.net/photoalbum/data/reddog/596406.jpgUSMC Retired

Guest Eagle92395

I completely agree with Reddog, I know nothing about building/repainting...etc and I LOVE the add-ons that Microsoft missed or didn't add. You people in the community that take the time to improve on a product and aren't out to make a profit... kudos to you!

I agree with all said exept the title "Freeware Developers Give them a break" Do not give them a break or they get nothing done, they can Model /paint/design/program ect as they eat and drink, so do not give them a break or they will sit in the garden all day!Anniette xxxxxxxx

Sorry me I've to say;I do not see that much complains about freeware on other sites - not as much as this forum. I'm with the authors which spend lots of time in produce freeware - but the problem is that visitors at avsim complain a bit too much over too many issues! and perhaps too often as nowhere else. Just a honest Opinion.Ray

While I agree 100 percent in thanking freeware designers for their dedication, etc., I do think that "criticism" is not unwarranted. I am not, by any means, condoning the trashng of someone's work just because it isn't perfect. Nor do I agree with the idea that no matter what might be wrong with a product, it should be accepted unequivocally because it is freeware. Many freeware products have problems that can be fixed if someone just points them out to the developer. I've done this and the developer thanked me and improved his/her product.

Wow, Anniette! I never pictured you with a whip. :-)Mike Stone