Sign in to follow this  
Carolus39

I have this Rudder situation with the B744 Q.O.S.

HelloI have an other situation with my rudder.When taxiing the aircraft starts to sway.So I had a look at the eicas the rudder and saw that is was far to the left.However I could not trim it to be in the center.I have also re-calibrated my Pro Pedals and that didn't help either.After take off, the rudder gets centered again, and when landed the same thing starts over again.I have also disconnected the autorudder in the settings,no change.Is there anyone who experienced this already and what is there to do about it????? }( :-jumpy Carlos

This might be due to the previous landing... I learned from this that the autopilot needs to be disengaged before leaving the runway centerline on rollout because it is trying to stay on the centerline.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello DanI always check off the AT, Flight Dir just before touching the runway and Auto Pilot when the speed is reduced to 20 or 15 knots.This afternoon I just get the aircraft up on London Heathrow and did a round, 270 up and 09 down, without FMC.The taxiing was ok this time and I taught that the situation was solved, until after I came down and turned to the taxy way, than it started again. I thought so myself that the AP is keeping it to the center line when it happened the first time, but than it should disappear when I close the AP.Besides when taxiing to the runway the AP is not on.To me it looks like it is random, but of course that is not so.Carlos

Carlos,Just a suggestion, try going into the PMDG pull down menu while in FS9 and see if the 'controls' and 'throttle' override boxes are checked in the AFDS section. If either or both are, UNCHECK them and see if the problem goes away. Kim

I had unchecked them allready but that did not help the situation.I certainly need them checked, for this aircraft has the strange behaviour to go stray now and then and if the controls are checked, I can return it to the track it has to fly.I had posted this allready but no one had a sound solution.Perhaps I have to install the whole panel again.Do not know how, but will find out.Carlos

Carlos,One other thing that I had happen was when I installed the Sound Update from PMDG to the 747 Q.o.S. That was when I had two incidents of rudder deflection while just sitting on the ground. After it happened the second time, I got frustrated and uninstalled the sound update since that was the only thing I had changed recently, but then I had to reinstall the entire 747 since ALL the sound files vanished.I'm not sure why the sound update caused my problem, but there have been a few posts about it causing problems with other owners of the PMDG 747.I had to uncheck the control and throttle override boxes in my aircraft options because of erratic A/P pitch behavior, particularly ignoring all VNAV or ALT sel settings in the MCP. The autothrottle would occasionally drop one or two engines in flight. Not good on takeoff!Kim

Hello KimI think the best thing for me to do is to re-install the B747-400 all over again.I also experience this last days that the aircraft is getting of his track when en Route, so I unchecked the override box for the controls and for the next flight it worked, but I am not sure if that will always work.These sofware is to complex, so I don't espect them to be perfect, especially when one add things to it. There is always some thing that is overlooked when additional things like sounds and view are added to it.I'll try to reinstall it and see what happens.In the mean time I spent a whole week already with these kind of software for I also have problems with getting the Level-D B763 for FSX running on an XP configuration.One day all will be solved, I hope.Carlos