Sign in to follow this  
Guest DaveI

FMC Manual ILS Tuning

Guest DaveI

Hi Guys Can someone advise me how to manually tune an ILS into the FMS NAVRAD page. All I get is "INVALID INPUT" What are the constraints and the input format please. I lost the auto tuning on a missed approach and had to land the airplane with no ILS tuned and absolutely manually.Very Challenging !!

Dave,Enter the following info into the ILS promptXXX.XX/YYY(where X is the facility frequency & Y is the inbound course)such as:111.10/088Hope this worksRegards

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Dave,FMC User Manual 12 - 53 FMC Manual OperationsFind the actual runway heading from an approach chart (118.10 with a heading of 310) type the following into the scratch pad, 118.10/310 press the L6 button to up-select the freq/hdg then press the L4 button to load into the FMC. That

Justin Paull

Guest DaveI

Thanks Guys Finger trouble again on my part !!

Will the new frequency then be saved for future flights, as a few of the ils frqs on my fmc are different from fs9 and they dont work!

Mark??You need to sign your posts as per the forum rules.In short...not they will not be 'saved'.Assuming you have the current AIRAC cycle loaded the FMC will autotune the correct real world ILS fequency for the landing RNWY you have selected via the DEP/ARR Page...this freq may differ from that written into the original base FS9 programme...like most real world things they are changed as airports & their facilities are upgraded from time to time.Your best bet is to scan the AVSIM site for the most recent AFCAD files which should contain up to date files correcting wrong fequencies & all sorts of other issues.There is also an amazing programme available on the AVSIM site which enables you to edit these things yourself if you wish.Hope this helpsGood Luck!!

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'