Sign in to follow this  
Guest VATIR1

Can't Climb

Hi guys,just an advice from a real ATP. You shold change the wind / press / temp change speed to 1 unit every 5 seconds. Not any quicker. Yes AS6 has thrown me a few fastballs with temperature, but not so often.The main thing to do is to make that change in FSUIPC. As a general rule, once the AOA goes past about 3

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

This is not an Active Sky issue.The TAT is the result of two components.One is your OAT/SAT.At FL 310 this can be anywhere from -25 to -50 Celsius or more.This temperature is provided by Active Sky.The other component is the rise of temperature with TAS.At 500 kts TAS it is about 32 C.Here are two examples from recent flights that I made :FL 310 M0.86 TAS 516 SAT -35 TAT +0FL 310 M0.86 TAS 522 SAT -31 TAT +5With a TAS of 522 kts the temperature rise is 36 C.At 450 kts TAS it is only 26 C.So using the above example FL 310 M0.78 TAS 450 SAT -35 TAT -9.Of course you can always blame it on Active Sky or just fly slower.Have Fun James

Regardless of who or what it is, there is a major issue. Planes don't fall out of the sky when all the T's and I's are crossed and dotted, if you catch my 'drift'. It's a continued problem that remains a mystery. We'll probably see it go away again and come back next summer (Northern Hemisphere).

I can't be in all places at once. If you see someone is having an issue with an Angle of Attack product, or something that should be brought to my attention, please message me. I want everyone to have a stellar experience with AOA. Thanks so much!

Chris Palmer

Founder/President

Angle of Attack

Chris,On my next attempt to fly GCTS-EGKK, I get a new mixture of problems:- LNAV, VNAV and A/P engaged- climb without problem to FL370- TAT -20C, but fuel temp already -20C also (very early in flight from a warm airport)- SPD on AI showing blank again- in CRZ mode, N1 commanded by FMC remains at 103.6 for a commanded M.845, so I had to manually reduce my throttles (they hadn't disengaged on engaging A/T) N1 92.9 to maintain commanded IAS 278 kts.- stopping/restarting AS6.5 had no effect,Weird. And I don't know whether we will: (a) now get much attention from PMDG for this soon-to-be-outdated version of PMDG 747-400, (:( have the problem taken forward to the beta of the -400X product.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi all my 2.2 cents worth (GSTinc)Is thi shappening if you are flying online or offline.If online r u using FSINN? Because if you are thats the culprit.Disable the weather interface for FSINN and th eproblem will go away.I didnt have the issue until I used FSINN and found a thread on the subject.for me SB and AS have no issue.______________________________________Rob YMA002 - Compass Airlines Australia - a new direction!2846.png

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Hi Rob,All offline at present as I try to get used to PMDG 747 (recently converted from PS1). When I go online, I shall be using SB3.Thanks for your ideas,

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx