Sign in to follow this  
Dundee

PMDG ILS Morse code identification signal

Landing:If you intercepted the Localizer you must hear the morse code identification signal, and even fly over OM, MM, IM, etc...But while I intercepted the Localizer I cant hear any morse code identification signal, even fly over OM, MM, IM, etc...I just hear like 2500, 1000...announce...So what can I do to hear the morse code identification signal again!!!

Press the MKR button on the audio panel (737 center console) to hear markers. The VHF nav radios may have an ident filter ( I can't remember), regardless you get an annunciation of the Ident along with course and DME (if available) on the PFD and there are marker symbols. This satisfies the need to properly identify radio navaids.

Dan Downs KCRP

Which aircraft are you flying?If the 744, there are audio buttons on the pedestal(COM) Audio Selector Panel (actually, there are 3, but I think only the top left hand (captain's) panel is working(?)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/177156.jpgLook for the small round (receiver) button marked APP and push that. Then select what approach audio you would like to hear (Left/Centre/Right ILS receiver audio or MKR) with the larger rotary knob to the right of the APP button (use a right mouseclick to turn the knob anticlockwise).This isn't mentioned in the manual???Cheers.Q>