Sign in to follow this  
Vic1

wx radar

now i know that this topic has been discussed many times and it was always said that when enough information was supplied in the sdk's by microsoft about the wx engine PMDG would be the first to act on it and develop a radar. Now that a little time has passed and FSX has been gotten to grips with , do PMDG think there is enough info to do this accurately and realisticly or not. i have searched for a previous thread on this but did not find anything that is recent and up to date ThanksKav

Yes please a wx radar in the ND would be so beautiful in those wonderful planes. PLZ:-jumpy Yours Jens MichlasTo keep FSX going - half of the time I fly until FSX CTD, so it is these days, and the other half of the time I work with the software and check patches and forums.Pros: I learn about the computer, add ons and the programs.Cons: I am so tired of being forced to do all this computer work.

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

I do believe the last discussion regarding a WX radar was around February. The current problem isn't that there isn't enough information in the SDK about the weather engine, it's that the weather engine isn't realistic. From what I understand from my countless requests is that if PMDG made a weather radar, it would not operate as it would in real life. There were issues with moisture showing up where there wasn't any and a few other things. Ryan can clarify on this. I also asked about addons like ActiveSky and he said it didn't really change anything about how the weather is depicted in FS, just where the sources are and what information is given.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest MauiHawk

Thanks, I had often wondered about why PMDG planes did not have one. A while back Chris of HiFi mentioned in a HiFi support thread that they were in contact with ACES and hoped that the SP2 patch might include a fix for sudden wind shifts that can occur when passing the boundary between one station in the next. If such a fix makes it in, I wonder if there is any possibility it would help with more than just wind... ie, maybe weather would then be depicted well enough for PMDG?Steve Kurth