Sign in to follow this  
Guest FO UFO

8800GTS good enough for PMDG FSX?????

We're really only seeing a performance difference when it comes to CPU power - the FSX engine is very much CPU limited and buying a $600 graphics card is really only going to give you the ability to run higher resolutions and AA levels, not an FPS improvement.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest D17S

Have ya'll been following this? http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/new...92-scores-outedThis is the G92 and it will be called the 8800GT. We were hoping this would be a triple over the 8800GTX. Seems it didn't work out that way. It appears it will end up "only" providing the same performance as the GTX . . . but the good news is that it's a single slot card (laptop bound?) and may only cost 200 bucks. It's due in the 29th, so we'll see then.

Hi sam, is that real? I just order an EVGA 8800GTX (yeah, that's true) and I am going to cancel the order.....thanks,ben>Have ya'll been following this? >>http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/new...92-scores-outed>>This is the G92 and it will be called the 8800GT. We were>hoping this would be a triple over the 8800GTX. Seems it>didn't work out that way. It appears it will end up "only">providing the same performance as the GTX . . . but the good>news is that it's a single slot card (laptop bound?) and may>only cost 200 bucks. It's due in the 29th, so we'll see then.>>

>We're really only seeing a performance difference when it>comes to CPU power - the FSX engine is very much CPU limited>and buying a $600 graphics card is really only going to give>you the ability to run higher resolutions and AA levels, not>an FPS improvement.And how does a Core 2 X6800 stack up?Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest D17S

Yea, seems to be. Send back that GTX. The wibble's been all over the place on this, but the concensus seems to be settling down to - about - this.On the CPU front: Http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/new...ehalem-real-bigThis the first I've seen on any performance estimate for the Nethalem. It's 'posed to be a double - clock for clock - over the Core2. It's due in summer-fall 08. Once year, max.

Hi, let say the 8800GT will be released on 29 OCT, how long will it take for those manufacturers like EVGA to produce the card and put them on the shelf for sale. I knew the 747X will be available soon and I have a big plan on upgrading my PC before X'mas holiday and spend all my X'mas time playing it....the new video card and a Q6600 or E6850 will be the X'mas present I will buy for myself...thanksben

Guest D17S

Generally, release dates mean the product is already in production and being distributed to retailers. It then will be available to ship from Newegg, Clubit, etc on that date. However be aware, there has been no word from Nvidia that this card even exists. Give it 10 days. Let's see what happens.