Sign in to follow this  
steinbach72

737 NG 600-900 problems

Hi,I have two problems with PMDG 737 600/700/800/900 NG [updates 1.3 and 1.1 + model update]:1. When I am, for example on 34R at KSEA, and I set FMC for KSEA to KSFO with KMORE1 SID {AIRAC 0807}, I have basic disagree between last position of the aircraft and my present position. On ND my aircraft is sitting somewhere far from KSEA. The same problem with all models, reinstall without effect.2. I cannot engage AP A or B after TO, I still hear alarm sound two times. I press i.e. HDG select + FLCH or LNAV + VNAN, then I try to engage AP and it is not possible. I dont know why, all preflight settings are done, I never met this problem with any other aircraft [addon of course].Can anybody help me ?Thanks,Best RegardsJiri

Did you just purchase the PMDG 737NG. I'm guessing so.Unlike the default aircraft this is a very sophisticated and realistic simulation of the real aircraft. As such, it requires some learning to fly properly.1. Firstly, you must have mis-typed the AIRAC version because that would be the July 2008 cycle. You may have meant 0708, if that's the case it's a little out of date. KSEA recently had the runway designations changed because they are building a new runway. So you may have a discreptancy between your scenery and your AIRAC. I suggest you update to 0710 from www.navigraph.com2. I'm sure that this problem is directly related to the fact that you hav not yet read the manuals that came with the PMDG 737NG. I suggest you read through all of the material the PMDG provided. In addition I suggest you get a hold of one or more of the several excellent tutorials written for the aircraft. Many are available right on in the AVSIM library. The best tutorial I've seen is by Timothy Metzinger, the PMDG 737NG Advanced Tutorial v2. It's no longer available publicly but if you PM me I'll see what I can do.

Dave Paige

To echo Dave's comments, the manual explains that last position on the POS INIT page may not agree with current position, which in this case can be updated by entering KSEA. KMORE wouldn't be the correct STAR to select for a flight to KSFO, HAROB being the better choice.The next cycle, 0711, comes out this week and there are a few changes at KSEA. Might be worth the wait of a couple of days.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,thank you very much for quick replies and suggestions. I am not novice in 737NG, I only reinstall it after about one year, I never met this problems before. 1. this flight was example only, I have the same problem in other airports. I dont understand, how it can be caused by AIRAC if coordinates disagree about many miles, it is not light shift only.Problem is, that if I enter i.e. 34R at KSEA, runway appear somewhere in the right bottom corner of ND, I need to use center option to see it, my airplane is in the center. 2. I fly this aircraft many times before, from dark and cold or from running engines, and I never had problem with AP. I look at the manuals again. of course, but I dont find any help there. I believe in my mistake too, but I cannot indentify it.Best RegardsJiri