Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Airbus question

Hi all, I realise this post isn't PMDG-related, but I've got no idea where else I can get an answer so I'm hoping you'll allow this post to remain and be answered. I noticed with the Airbus A380 it only uses thrust reversers on two of its four engines whereas the Boeing 747-400 uses all four. Does anyone know why the A380 uses only two?Thanks,

Matt-it's lazy??? LOL

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Matt,It's because the outboard engines (1 & 4) overhang the runway in some cases and you'd end up sucking in all sorts of foreign objects - dirt, rocks, grass, etc... That combined with the fact that the engines are so powerful and efficient that it really only needs the two.EDIT - also to decrease weight.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Take your pick. Weight savings, money savings, less risk of FOD damage. I don't think Airbus has actually said the true reason for it, at least not that I've read, but those are reasons I can think of.

It makes sense actually, when you think about it. By the way, I'm downloading the 747-400X right now! ;)

>By the way, I'm downloading the 747-400X right now! ;)After reading that list of changes, I'm VERY jealous right now.:-lol Hope you enjoy it Matt, and don't forget to tell us what you think. :)

I saw it parked at Sydney Airport (YSSY) for the first time a few days ago after it's first commercial flight for SIA. I had only seen it previously on TV. It sure is big!