Sign in to follow this  
Guest stefaandk

Frustration all over.

Guest stefaandk

How does this panel data work as its' giving me a lot of grief?I completely setup my plane to the point where I am ready to start the engines. Then I save this as panel data "pre-start". But when I reload the panel I'm back at square one. The APU isn't even started anymore, extremely frustrating.Is this normal?Does it save FMC data or not, it seems that some FMC data is saved but some of it is not.Same thing with saving flights, what is saved when I save a flight? Do I need to save the panel seperately? FMC grief here as well, when I save and reload a flight the FMC has lost some config. All my legs are in the FMC but the FLT NO and CO route is actually not completed.Navaids are there but FIX BRG/DIS information is gone for example.I downloaded the patched version but this is creating different issues again.The pmdg files in the flightplans folder provided loaded into the FMC have no legs either, but when I open the RTE file in an editor I can see waypoints in there?My own .rte file has legs but no matter what I do it won't load speed/altitude per waypoint in the FMC anymore, this did work before I deinstalled and reinstalled the new version.CRZ Alt is filled in as is ECON SPD is shown so there should be no reason for legs to not have spd and alt data.I've been going for over 6 hours today trying to get something working on this plane, was having heaps of issues, then I noticed there was a patched version. So I installed that one and this one is even giving me more problems.

The only panel state I ever play with is the cold and dark scenario... the hot and running is the default.I didn't even know it would save some FMC info, but then I've never tried it. I've always assumed the panel state was a starting point for a flight and therefore route and performance data would have to be entered since it usually changes each flight.The first time I tried to do a flight from cold and dark took me two hours (and I've got 1300 hrs of time in my logbook). I've got it down to about 15 min now. I like going through it if I'm doing a block-to-block scenario, but if I'm just playing or working with sidstars (I spend more time doing this than flying) then I just load the airplane hot and running.The patch fixed some things that were probably stumping you, such as IRS and engine starts. Hope you keep trying.

Dan Downs KCRP