Sign in to follow this  
lefteris

PMDG747-400X on Vista

Mizuno-san,we suggest XP SP2 because the performance on that operating system is superior (we found) than the comparable one in Vista, especially on machines that have only 2GB of RAM (rather than 4), as Vista tends to consume a lot more memory than XP.Our product will run (well) on Vista, but you are better served upgrading your RAM.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest clear to land

Hi T.MIZUNO,I run 747 400 on vista but i must say it is the VISTA ULTIMATE 64 BIT VERSION with 4gig of 5300ram installed with no problems. This version was chosen because of its capabilty to recognise and use more RAM than the Vista 32 bit versions which only recognise up to 2 gig of ram. Hence problems occur as Vista is memory hungry plus adding the PMDG 747 400 takes its share leaving crashes to desktop with messages such as OUT OF MEMORY ERROR VISTA SHUTTING DOWN !! .Vista does work well as long as its the correct version and has plenty of memory to use. 4 gig of ram is entry level and is a MUST and recomendation .hope this is of helpNeville England

Guest TokyoBoy

I want to buy 747-400X. But they say its best OS is XP SP2 and Vista is not recommended. Mine is Vista, I'd like to know what troubles areanticipated on Vista, are some of the functions limited ? or just frame rate issue ? *Core2Duo E6700 *GeForce8800GTX *2048MB DDR2-SDRAM Any opinions are very much appreciated. T.MIZUNO -Japan

We're unsure as to whether 64-bit actually gives any benefit relating to the OOM errors, because FSX is a 32-bit app and still can't address the higher amounts of memory that Vista 64 allows for...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I must say that I'm pretty pleased with my performance on Vista.I have the PMDG 747X for FSX and I get around 25-40FPS.These are my specs:AMD Athlon X2 +6000 AM2 socket.3GIGs of RAM @ 667MHz (dual chanel)ATI Sapphire X1900XT 512MBMSI K9N Neo-F V1.9Seagate 320GB 7200RPM with a silent max rev2 cooling.Be Quiet 470W powersupply.2x NEC AD-7173SStill I think is weard that FS9 runs better on Vista then it does on XP, and for FSX it's the other way around.

I run a lowly 3800 dual core with 2 gig ram and a Geforce 7600GT on Vista 32 bit in FSX. The FPS is reasonable, quality is really good, my settings are quite high but sensible for the setup. I get no OOM errors whatsoever and no CTD`s at all. Don`t worry unduly, it happens to some with top notch setups too, but not all. I run lots of payware on this mid range machine-only ever have a problem with CS......Reider

Neville,Your reply confused me. Are you saying that because Vista 32-bit will only address up to 2 gig, you recommend users to use Vista 64-bit i.e. a PC change?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest TokyoBoy

Thank you folks. I decided to buy the plane and update my Ram. I'd like to send thank you letter to all of you. T.MIZUNO

I run mine with a C2D 6700, 8800GTX, 2GB ram on Vista Ultimate and I used to get the OOM error while taxiing after landing sometimes but since doing the >2GB memory fix (this is not real memory issue but virtual) I have had no issues what so ever.I run with everything turned all the way up with some tweaks in the FSX.cfg file that you find on the net.The OOM error is not really that because when I check when it happens I only have about 89% memory usage (real memory) so it is the virtual memory issue that is the problem.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png