Sign in to follow this  
lollo883

Strange descent with B737-800

Hello everyone,I am using the B737-800W developed by PMDG from obout a month and i noticed this different thing from avery other FS aircraft i have flown before: during descent i cannot acheive a descent rate grater then 1500ft per minute without using sppedbrake. So I am forced to use speedbrake for descnending even when i have to lose 1000ft because if i do not do so the plane will start do descent with a very little rate (for example 500ft/min) if i use LVL CHG mode or it will start to accelerate if i use VSPEED...is this the real behavior of B737-800W or i am experiencing a bug or something like that...am i the only person having this trouble?Sorry for my bad english, i hope i have been understood :-)Cheers and thank you very much for your help!Lorenzo ChiovaroItaly

Lorenzo,It is not a bug. In the real world the NG is a slippery piece of equipment. You will not lose a lot of altitude in a short distance. The solution for this is to plan your descent well ahead if you want to take care of it manually. Or you can use the VNAV descent functionality which will predict the starting point T/D (or top of descent) and path to the runway E/D (or end of descent). The manual has a good piece on this in Chapter 8 pages 45 ff.Hope it helps,