Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

When is the GoFlight MCP Pro & Engravity Driver update due?

I see there is talk of getting the Aerosoft MCP driver updated but what about those of us with still supported hardware like the GoFlight Pro MCP and Engrivity CDU's. When can we expect an update?Surely they should not be that hard to update as they already work with the FS9.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

John-I love those generalizing statements such as "they should not be that hard to update". :-) They come out of the blue, have no factual background to depend on and set the stage for disappointment all around. Wouldn't it be better, perhaps, if those who write the driver (i.e. myself) be the judge of what's hard to update and what's not? There's so much change going on in the internals (which you can't see because the end user never sees the code) that your statement only makes me chuckle.There hasn't been talk about those lately because there's been talk about them before, when we said they're going to be updated. The work continues. Hopefully, they won't take much longer now :-).Does that satisfy your "not that hard to express" curiosity? :-)In a more serious tone, yes - they're coming. It's to our best interest to release them as well, but I want to make sure first that the application itself is as stable as can be (and issue that update for it) before we start releasing dependent addons on it, which might then require updates of their own (avalanche effect).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Okay thanks for the info. The "should not be hard to update" just means that you have already written the driver for FS9 and the items themselves have not changed just the way it interfaces with FSX and the 74X.I was concerned seeing a large string of requests for the aerosoft mcp which looks like it is getting more support than stuff that is still being supported by it manufacturers and made.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

But John, everything DID change about the way FSX and the 400X work as compared to the FS9 version... the code is SimConnect now, whereas FS9's was FSUIPC - there's a very very big difference and that's why it's taking a while.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com