Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

B737NG: strange re-loading of saved flight

I have a saved flight of the B737NG at KIAD 1L. When I re-load it, sometimes I find it loads me into the Cessna at KSEA 34R (!); other times, it loads normally at KIAD 1L but no gauges appear in the cockpit forward panels.A good friend of mine has a similarly bizarre affair with a PMDG B744 saved flight. He saved it at KATL but when he reloads it, he finds himself in the Cessna at KSEA 34R--just like me!What is going on here? Jonathan

FS out of the box has the default flight set to the Cessna on the default active at KSEA. When FS starts even just going to the menus it always loads the default flight in the background to initialize itself.If something is wrong with the scenery of a saved flight or the aircraft, the default flight gets loaded.

Aha, I see! So do you think that if I changed the KIAD scenery from the default FS9 at the time of the original NG file-save to a freeware KIAD afterwards that this might be the reason for this craziness happening?Jonathan