Sign in to follow this  
shuoxing

About Failure

Hi, I'm just using PMDG744X. Its function of activating failures is great! However, I think the lowest probability I can set is too high. I can only reduce it to 1/10hrs. In that case, the aircraft is really troublesome. I Guess the probability of real flight might be only 1/500hrs or 1/1000hrs. Is that any method to deal with it? By the way, I would love to know that where does PMDG store the configuration files of failure. Then, I can make a program to change the probability to 1/10hrs maybe 1 out of 100 times flying in order to reduce the probability of failure. Thanks...

Good point, I agree also regarding the PMDG 744 for FS9. The failure modeling is great, plus I can see where the "1 failure per 10 hours" minimum is very useful if you're practicing abnormal procedures and therefore want to EXPECT a significant chance of failure. However, I'm looking for a way to set the failure rate to HIGHLY unlikely during a long flight, but there's still a real (but improbable) chance that something can go wrong. In other words, the aircraft is well-maintained and reliable, but you had better be ready for trouble at any moment. The minimum rate of 1 failure per 10 hours seems to high to accomplish this goal however. Rather, such a rate (IMO) pushes the aircraft into a range of unreliability (air unworthiness), especially regarding critical failures (e.g., engine flame-out, hydraulics).Is there any method for reducing the probability of a failure into the range of highly unlikely? Sorry in advance if I'm missing something here, I did read the documentation and I do understand that the 1 failure per 10 hours represents an average over a long time period, so actual failure rates during a particular (especially shorter) flight may vary.Regards,Roland