Sign in to follow this  
steinbach72

PMDG 747 and TOGA in VC

Hi,I dont know, how to set TOGA in PMDG 747 [FS2004] when flying from VC. Is there any clickable area like in 2D panel, or have I to assign TOGA to joystick or keybord ?ThanksJiri

Jiri,There is a clickable area and yes you can assign a key combo or a joystick button with the TOGA functionality.The clickable area is the top left screw on the MCP (in the 2D panel). For the VC the TOGA buttons can be found where they sit in the real aircraft. On the throttle levers.Hope it helps,

I am not too fimilar with all this stuff; however, I assigned a joystick button to the TOGA in FS9. when I try to use it, nothing works. I have to use the screw on the 2D panel to get TOGA to engage especially for takeoff. Do you have any ideas? I am using the CH 3 lever yoke if that helps.ThanksPerry

Perry,You have to assign a key combo in the PMDG key assignment menu. The default FS key commands will not do. You then have to assign a joystick button to this key combo with either software shipped with your CH device or with a registered FSUIPC.Hope it helps,

hi Mats,not exactly 100% where they're located in the Real A/C. they should be on the "front" side of the throttle levers (opposite of where they are now). they're in the correct position in the FS9 version. i hope they are placed back in the correct position via the SR. or at least the option somewhere in the PMDG Options menu to place them there. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler

Tim,This might be to the fact that when throttle levers are advanced to give 70% N1 the TOGA buttons would be very hard to see and find/click as they would be hidden behind the throttle levers and knobs from your standard POV in the VC.I have forwarded the question to the devs however as I am not by any means certain this is the reason.Hope it helps,

hi Mats,thank you for passing that info. on to the Devs. and for your quick response. i believe that was the reason they were placed in the current position. although, it was not impossible (for me anyway) to "click" on the TOGA switches (in their correct position) in the VC with a little precise mouse movement. hopefully, they can be put back in the correct position by default with a clickspot for them in the VC or via an option in the PMDG Options menu. happy flyin, Tim Wheeler