Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

FSX updates?

With the upcoming Vista SP1 and the expected fixes for PMDG 747-400X, will we also be getting an update for FSX at around the same time?Cheers, R

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I am quite unsure what you mean by that question...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Hi Lefteris!Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought the PMDG work with HiFi to get the weather problems sorted and awaiting the improvements to Vista with SP1 on resolving many other reported problems/niggles MAY require a set of corresponding fixes to PMDG. So my question was trying to fill in the picture by asking whether PMDG is awaiting a set of fixes to FSX. Apologies if I implied that there are definite problems with the PMDG code. It's just that I am still unable to complete my first long haul because of my reported problems with altitude maintenance and SPD variances.Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Richard,When you say FSX don't you mean ASX as in Active Sky X? That being said. I think I can reveal that with the upcoming SR for ASX the HiFiSim guys has done some good work on further minimizing the FS flaws when it comes to winds smoothing (As they did for FS9 and ASv6).Hope it helps,

Hi Mats!I hadn't meant ASX, although it's great to know that the guys are still trying for the ultimate.I had meant FSX because I am still getting sudden jumps in altitude and wildly varying IASs. As I type, I am again trying to fly EDDK-KSFO and, flying 302 degrees towards Newcastle, UK, the altimeter has suddenly jumped up nearly 1000ft and the speed tape creeps up into overspeed territory and then settles again, followed by maybe a gradual dropping-off from commanded M.843 to M.823 and then a gradual recovery to M.843 again. This all without my touching anything.I still suspect that my PC is not powerful enough, and maybe the overload contributes to these problems. But I have no way of telling.Anyway, thanks for your thoughts,Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard