Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

Long Flight Ends On Ground With FSX Crash

Hi Guys,I've made two long hauls with the 747x (PHNL-RJAA, KMIA-EGLL). I get pretty decent frame rates during departure, cruise, and approach and landing.I'm running XP SP2, FSX SP1The two problems I've experienced are:1. After landing, I watch a few replays. I seem to be able to get through 3, and then on the fourth, I get a long pause, and then the "restart FSX" screen. There is no error, or file indicated.2. After landing, and during taxi to the gates, I go to the overhead panel to shut off the landing lights, and again, a long pause and then the "restart FSX" screen.This only happens so far on long flights. I'm aware of the load the 747x puts on a machine, but is there anything I can do to make it better?Other than this, all else if fine.Thanks in advance,JohnIntel Core 2 QX6700 Quad2GB RAM600+ GB RAID 0 Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX 768mbRunning in "unlimited" frame rate mode

We can kick some ideas around... you said long flights only so this means all short flights are okay? The routes you provided are about 5-8 hrs? How long are your short flights?Are you using any addons such as ASX? FSUIPC registered version? Etc.There's been lot's of long flights without crashing made since the release of 744X so we're looking for something special about your system or environment.

Dan Downs KCRP

>We can kick some ideas around... you said long flights only>so this means all short flights are okay? The routes you>provided are about 5-8 hrs? How long are your short flights?>>Are you using any addons such as ASX? FSUIPC registered>version? Etc.>>There's been lot's of long flights without crashing made since>the release of 744X so we're looking for something special>about your system or environment.>Hi Dan,They were both around 8.3 hours. I don't have ASX. I do have the registered version of FSUIPC, 4.20. They only scenery add-on is Scenery Tech's USA landclass. Both flights were outside the USA. The only short flights have been around 1.5 to 2 hours.Thanks for replying.- John

One more question to the masses... Those who have flown long flights, do you have any problems with the "restart fsx" issue once you land?Thanks. I'm just trying to gather data from others to troubleshoot my issue. Other than this problem, the Queen is working pretty good.Thanks in advance,John

Hi Guys,I'm sorry for being such a pain about this, but I'm so close to everything working right. I just need to get past this FSX crash issue after long flights.Any help would be greatly appreciated!Thanks in advance,John

John,for what it's worth:I had an issue with flights where, shortly after landing, I found that FSX would just lock up and die.I'm flying connected to vatsim (using fscopilot and fsinn) with some virtual airline tracking software using fsuipc.it turns out that I also (for the virtual airline) installed teamspeak, and let fscopilot know about it (or is it fsinn?), in any case, it seems that shortly after landing (almost always while taxiing to the gate), it was trying to use teamspeak to tune into the company frequency or something, and at that point was causing things to come to an abrupt stop.after deconfiguring the ability to use teamspeak from the fscopilot/fsinn side of things, I no longer get those nasty stops.it was probably pilot error in terms of how the fscopilot/fsinn stuff was configured, so don't take this as condemnation of the software - I just haven't figured out how to configure it properly as yet.regards,peter.