Sign in to follow this  
Guest Amorette

True heading problem

Guest Amorette

Hi! I'm new here :-wave I have a problem with approaches to true heading runways in the 747. The FMC throws up an error reading the SIDSTAR file for BGTL, with an error message saying "Err at 08T, line 32". (The runway at BGTL is 08T/26T.) I tried deleting the T at the end of the runway numbers in the SIDSTAR file, but then some other weird errors pop up.It seems to only happen to airports with a SIDSTAR file, too. Other airports with true heading runways don't blow up in the FMC...

You found a bug in the data, and you're on the right track to correct it but you didn't go far enough. There's also a problem with the sidstar ILS08T approach.The Navigraph cycle 0713 data uses 08T/26T everywhere except in the SIDSTAR approach text. There's three places where the runway designator have to agree: wpNavAPT.txt and in the BGTL.txt file both in the RNWS declarations and in the APPROACHES that use the runway.Instead of deleting the T, go into the BGTL.txt sidstar file and add the T where the RNW key word is used in each approach. For example:APPROACH VORD08T FIX SUNDD 4800 FIX BELLL 1700 FIX OVERFLY FREZN 476 RNW 08 ...becomesAPPROACH VORD08T FIX SUNDD 4800 FIX BELLL 1700 FIX OVERFLY FREZN 476 RNW 08T ...I can only guess at the fix for the ILS08T, but try this:APPROACH ILS08T FIX CI08T 1800 FIX BELLL 1800 FIX RW08T 253 TRK 084 ...change to (I'm guessing because I don't have a chart or data):APPROACH ILS08T FIX CI08T 1800 FIX BELLL 1800 RNW 08T TRK 084 ...Note everything after the runway and before the transition is the missed approach procedure.Please post a bug report at Richard's forum (http://forum.navdata.at/), he's had problems with Thule before.Hope this helps. (PS - You gotta sign with your real name in this forum)