Sign in to follow this  
Guest nilisvd

Long haul tutorial klax star

Guest nilisvd

Hi,I recently bought the 744x and I must say it looks marvellous! To get acquainted with the aircraft I followed all 4 trc's. After that I did the long haul tutorial of craig read. ( had some spare time.... ;) ). Everything went fine up till programming the approach. In the tutorial the yenni one star is used. This star is not programmed in the KLAX.txt file in the pmdg/sidstars folder, also the fixes are not programmed. I completed the tutorial by adding the fixes and star to the klax.txt file. Now I am wondering, is this typical star not operative any more?? I tried searching using google but could not find an answer.GreetingsNiels

Welcome aboard.Glad to hear someone has jumped in and taken the time to learn.There is no "typical" star... are you getting updates to navdata from navigraph? If yes, then their installer puts the sidstar files in the wrong location. See the pinned thread dealing with this above.If no, then I recommend you look at the sidstar article in the PMDG Ops wiki section (http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS) and perhaps plan on getting current navdata/sidstars ... you can wait until next week since the next cycle starts 14 Feb.Meanwhile, you can try the sidstar procedures I wrote for KLAX (and 65 other US locations) by getting it free from the avsim library (sidstars_cycle0801.zip). It may not fit exactly with the tutorial, but I provide all star to runway transitions (e.g., CIVIT5.25L for landing ILS25L routes to the FAF). I'll post cycle 0802 early next week.Hope this helps

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest nilisvd

Hi Dan,Thnx for the quick response. I am (a bit) familiar with the navdata updates.What I meant with typical star is the "Yenni one" star as outlined in the tutorial of craig read. However, I cannot find the "Yenni one" in the sid/star files so I am wondering if the "Yenni one" star is not active anymore... Indeed another option is the civit5 star.GrtzNiels

Correct, YENNI was deleted some time back. You can easily get the current stars from flightaware.com where they provide bulk downloads of just stars, just approaches, etc., or all procedures.

Dan Downs KCRP