Sign in to follow this  

Emma Field - this cannot be right!

Guest RobA

Mathijs, No texture problems for me. Looks great! Little disappointed that the glider winch setup isn't there, but if it's coming all is ok. ;-) Also, slewing over to where a truck is towing a trailer, there is no sound from the truck, is there supposed to be sound? And, if no one has noticed, the heron that flys around and lands on the roof is too much!! he he Best, Rob[table border=2 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td]http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Beta tester for Radar Contact] the premier ATC adventure add-on for FS

Guest daves0

So...is this a decent scenery for the price ???

Guest gasebah

I have to say yes. The way this scenery is done it is new world inside FS2002, a small world however. It is clearly innovative and there is nothing comparable in today's market.If you think huge and airport you will be dissapointed though.I would go for it again. But then again there is barely an add-on so far that I did not buy, so maybe I am the wrong person to ask.I am rest assured however even if my attention will get caught by some other stuff like a new Airbus or whatever for 1 or 2 weeks I will come back to Emma Field a while later.Alex

> No texture problems for me. That one was tracked down to a problem on that users machine and it had actually nothing to do with Emma Field. Afriad to say that the user and we were not able to solve it before breakfeast and coffee:-)>Also, slewing over to where a >truck is towing a trailer, there is no sound from the truck, >is there supposed to be sound? I think so.. Not 100% sure about that as there are hundreds of sound effects. But it can take a few seconds before a sound is heard. We had to do this because this is the only way the impact on the framerate is minimized. So every 8 seconds the DLL checks where it is and what sounds to play. When it is playing a sound is checks every second if the sounds needs to be louder or softer because the viewpoint has moved away or towards the sound. All rather complex. I do know the winch itself has tree sounds, running idle, pulling glider, and uncoupling.> And, if no one has noticed, the heron that flys around and >lands on the roof is too much!! he he Hey... It a stork! Or is that the same bird? I found a bug in the program though, but it is very personal. The sound of the telephone that can ring in the FBO office is the sound of my own doorbell. This morning I opened the door only to see nobody. Took me a few seconds to realize what happened. We go to far in this hobby.Mathijs KokLAGO

Mathijs Kok,A little off topic but would like to ask you. After Amsterdam and Rome, Lago seemed to go away from designing big major airports. Are there plans for Lago to get back to doing airport sceneries?Thanks

Eric 

Mathijs,This thing is HORRIBLE! I sat there for 5 hours watching it last night! :-lol (Well, there was a ballgame on, too) 5 hours and I didn't do anything except slew, and look around the place. It's amazing.BTW, that is one "dedicated" cook at the barbeque! He stood there the entire time. Made me hungry too. Great job guys! :)Are you going to be at the Avsim Conference? Maybe we can win some more copies of FU3 :-lol

BobK

>A little off topic but would like to ask you. After >Amsterdam and Rome, Lago seemed to go away from designing >big major airports. Are there plans for Lago to get back to >doing airport sceneries? As long as my fingers are not slapped by the Avsim crew for promoting products in a forum I'll be glad to answer.Yes, up to this moment we have focussed a lot on small aviation for FS2002. Mostly because Fs2002 is the first version of FS where this is really possible. Although advances have been made in other aspects it was the option to fly low and slow and see great stuff that made most impression on us when we started to work for FS2002.There is also another issue. Have you read Dreamfleet's message on why they stopped the Airbus project? Well we have sort of the same issue. If we would do a real big airport project (like Amsterdam was) we would like to do it in the style we now did for Emma Field. But that would take a massive amount of time or a massive amount of money. Almost impossible to make money on that. It's a real problem in our 'industry' at this moment. But we will do some larger airports soon, Honolulu is close to being ready and we have some more projects on the way. We will focus on keeping then 'small' (for online distrubution) and fast on framerates and well intergrated with Fs2002.Mathijs KokLAGO

>This thing is HORRIBLE! I sat there for 5 hours watching it >last night! :-lol (Well, there was a ballgame on, too) 5 So sue us:-)>BTW, that is one "dedicated" cook at the barbeque! He stood >there the entire time. Made me hungry too. No no no... he is their only at friday and saturday evening. And only when the weather is nice and their are guests. Of course the restaurant is closed on monday. Monday is overall a very slow day on Emma.>Are you going to be at the Avsim Conference? Maybe we can >win some more copies of FU3 :-lol We'll be there, of course...Mathijs