Sign in to follow this  
strider

FSNav "flight plan export failed"?

Every time I try to export a saved FSNav flightplan to the PMDG 737 I get a "flight plan export failed" warning. Sometimes the flight plan will still load under "CO_ROUTE" in the FMC...sometimes not. Yes, I DID search this forum...and there are 3 other posts asking the same basic question with no answer. One wasn't even replied to!?! Why does the PMDG have to load the AIRAC data every time a flight is created/started with the 737 (I always see a progress bar for all the data)? The PIC 737 and LevelD 767 don't exhibit this behavior? The data is loaded on install from Navigraph and no further "loading" appears with the other 2 add-ons? All of this leads me to believe that my PMDG 737 is not working correctly. This is a 3rd install so please don't ask me to repeat that process...that ain't the problem. Vic

Hi VicI also use fsnav for flight plans and export successfully, so I would be happy to compare files to see where yours has gone wrong. I believe if memory serves right that there was a small program to install to make fsnav do this.Think it was called PMDG737.dll which you then put into the fsnav flpexport folder within the modules folder yourself. when you say the 3rd install, what are you re insalling? the 737?, the fsnavigator? or the pmdg737.dll as mentioned above? as this is not clear in your post. Also what is the your point on comparing how how other vendors planes load? i do not follow what you are saying. did you send posts to the other vendors to say they do not load like the PMDG does? (Sarcasm, couldn't resist)If I can help you I willbest regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

The DLL file is installed (I think it was always there?). I believe it installed with FSNavigator or the PMDG 737-600,700 series as I didn't install it seperately. When I say "3rd install" I was refering to the PMDG 737 series itself. The first was due to malfunctioning panel switcher buttons...push one and FS9 crashed every time. The re-install fixed that. The last install was to try and correct this problem with exporting from FSNav, which didn't help. As I said, sometimes it gives me the "Export failed" error but the plan appears OK in the CDU. Other times it does not and on rare occasions it exports without error. I'm beginning to wonder about the SIDs/STARS that I use in FSNav flight plans...they mey not be up to date with those installed every cycle in the PMDG? I will have to try exporting a plan without them and see what happens. The other comment was regarding the habit of PMDG 737's loading AIRAC info every time that a flight is created with them, whenever you switch aircraft to one of them or whenever a saved flight with a PMDG 737 is loaded...is that supposed to happen? I was comparing how I always see this with the PMDG aircraft (progress bars stating AIRAC info is loading) and never see it with other add-ons which have AIRAC data for their FMC's. Add to these issues I've had, the fact that the 2D panel was overlooked for a dome light (and the silly reasons given for that) and I am a bit put out to say the least. Vic

There is only one way my FSNav fails, and that is if I haven't started and ended the plan on a runway. Sometimes, one can miss the tip (end) of the runway before dragging the first and last point to the plan list. The best is to look in the list of points and see if the top listed and bottom listed entries indicate runway numbers.The dll file has to be download separately, and then placed into the Modules folder of FSNav. Otherwise it won't work.What a pitty the FSNav software has come to an end. I wish someone would buy the project over and make it FSX compliant and add things like TCAS / Radar in it, so we can see all the other flights out there.AnthonyCape TownSouth Africa

Hmmm...so far the only way to get mine to not fail is to start and end at an airport. If I add SIDS/STARS to a plan, in FSNav, it DOES start and end with a runway...and then proceeds to fail on export?? I believe, now, that this is because of the VERY outdated SIDS/STARS database in FSNav which conflicts with my Navigraph monthly updated AIRACS I load in the PMDG. I agree with your assesment of the FSNav situation...but would settle for a way to add the latest SIDS/STARS to it, as downloaded from Navigraph monthly and add airways to a flight plan, instead of doing it ISEC to ISEC? This has always been the two shortcomings, in my opinion, of FSNav as a modern flight planner.