Sign in to follow this  

What do you fly in the real world?

Ive noticed that a lot of people here fly for 'real'.It would make an interesting survey to find out what kind of pilots use FS, commercial/GA, experience, hours etc.May be something AVSIM might think about.Im a 300hr ppl with most of my time on taildraggers and Im currently involved with a homebuilt called a LUTON MINOR.For those interested theres a websitewww.lutonminor.co.ukIts a cracking little aircraft, real wind in the hair flies in the teeth stuff.

Guest iflyskyhawks

I'm a 70 hour Private Pilot that flies late model Cessna Skyhawks (C172R) and Cessna Skyhawk SPs (C172S). Love 'em both! Great airplanes - simple, stable and a lot of fun to fly!!

I am a 130 hour Pilot and fly C150, C152 & C172 (definitely not NEW aircraft :-lol Fly when time and money (mostly money) allows.Fred Zealor, Private PilotUnder looong final to 30 at KSAC

I am a 11 hour 1973 Bellanca Citabria student pilot.--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.LAARTCC.org

I fly a Piper 140 (the one in my signature) currently, also flew an ArcherII and Arrow (forgot which one, that was one hour only) but will transfer to a Cessna 172 at Comair Aviation Academy in 3 weeks.Cheers,Pete http://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgAthlonXP2000,512MB,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.29.42),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

75 hour PPL in late model Cessna 172s and 150s. Just got back from a VFR flight around the Austin area tonight.DAVID C. FREEMANCONTINENTAL VIRTUAL AIRLINESHouston

C150 and C172 when I am instructing.Piper Navajo Cheiftain First Officer when the weather goes IFR and the Charter needs me. Chris

She's a beut! Seating for 7, ample storage room for the get-away week-ends, optional "storage pod" rails on the roof for any oversized baggage that can't fit in the storage hold. God Bless the mini-van!!! :-)Mike

Hi all,Yep i'm another flyer here, currently in the PA 38 (Piper Archer Tomahawk) with about 25-30hrs doing my PPL @ Shoreham UK.Finalising my revision for MET. during this weekend (while we have all these thunderstorms), which i'm planning to take on monday.I aim to complete my PPL during the autumn, and then progress onto other courses.NOTE: As i'm typing this i'm looking outside where we have some excellent CBs (now you don't want to fly into one of those :9 ), looks like its going to be wet all day.CheersWill

I fly a Cessna 172SP (N830SP) for the 11 hours that I've made it so far. Also had a 30 minute flight in a L-39C (Ukrane Fighter Jet), boy was that an experience!-------------Michael

Guest KenG

I have about 90 hrs (PPL) in C172M, C172N, C172SP, C177RG, and Piper 140. I also have about 4 hr in a lovely PCATD. Now that's a plane. ;-)

Hi Will_UK,Have not been into shoreham for ages, might put that right when im on my way to sandown for a bacon butty!!Good look with the rest of your course.As for met, it always amazes me that the CAA expect you to get at least 75% right, when the forcasters only get it right 50% ;)

Guest DreamFleet

Hi Ken! :-)Yeah, I started off in the Cherokee 140 and stayed low wing (as I'm sure you know). I think I have about 20 hours or so in the 140, and then we bought the 235, which is where most of my 1500 hours is in, save for the 10 hours in a C-310 that I got my MEL in.These days I fly with a friend in his '71 Mooney M20E, which was essentially the predecessor to the M20J/201. A very fast, slippery plane, that you really have to plan/work at slowing down. Also can be a handful in cross winds, as it tends to run out of rudder just when you need it. It's good experience though.One of these days I'll probably just buy back my former 235, when my friend is ready to sell it back to me, but at age 84, he's still going strong, and I expect I may have to wait a while! But, he's had it repainted (yet again) and it remains in great shape, living in a nice hangar in Michigan, something we could never afford when we had it parked out at TEB. ;-) Yeah, that was the second livery we included with the Archer, "N15265", that Jeff Snyder likes to call "the great pumpkin".Hey, I picked out that paint scheme when we first had the ship repainted back in 1979; I really like it! :-eekRegards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Guest jaapverduijn

It's over 25 years ago that after about 10 hours altogether I ran out of money, and later on a medical condition stopped me from taking up lessons again. Those 10 hours are shared among Cessna 172, Piper Cherokee, Blanik glider and an Australian glider we fondly called the Kookaburra, but I'm sure that wasn't its official name. I'm thinking of taking to the air again this fall. There's a club not far from where I live that gives informal lessons to those who can't get a PPL for whatever reason. I'll never solo, not only can't I pass the medics but also it would be a very dangerous and irresponsible thing to do. But what the heck: sitting in the left seat doing all the flying while a guy or gal in the right hand seat rides shotgun in case my neurological system shuts down for a coupla seconds, isn't too bad! Jaap Verduijn.

300 hour PPASEL InstrumentPiper Cherokee 6 260 (PA32-260)