Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest minhnghia

IS there any problem if my FPS is less than 15 with 747X?

My computer configuration is Intel Core 2 duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz4.00 GB RAM 800mhz, WD 500GB Hard DriveRadeon HD3870 GDDR4 512MBCOOLER MASTER Real Power Pro 750WWindow Vista 32bit When I'm running 747X my FPS is critical lower than any other addon.Thanks for helping

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well they will be... It's more sophisticated than any other addon - think of all the things working in the background! There's no problem as such, PMDG did their best to get the most in terms of frames out of her... You can always adjust the frame limits in the PMDG menu and tweak your FSX settings to try and scrape some more.Hope that answers your question. Please sign your name to your posts - forum rule.

I do get much higher FPS than that most of the time. Are you running in Windowed mode? I remember that got really slow in Vista - try fullscreen if so.The Q6600 would have been the better CPU to get for FS too by the way, since it can take advantage of all four cores.

Can't speak for 747 FSX but for FS9, frame rate in my triple mon/views sys was intolerable until I UNticked "Show Virtual Cockpit" in the PMDG Model/Options settings. BIG improvement!Alex Reid

Hey Alex,From what I've read in your other post's you have a very low spec PC?I have no trouble running the VC on a large LCD and 2D panel displays EICAS, FMC THROTTLE AND PANEL SWITCHER, on two spare monitors with all sliders maxed and guage refresh rate at 24FPS in FS9 on a core2duo E6850 3.2ghz Rob

Rob- try adding Views LFWD and RFWD on the spare (secondary) monitors as well as the popups you mentioned. Your FPS will almost certainly drop.My sys is an ancient AMD XP2200-1.8 with GeForceFX5200 GPUs. With these 3 views synched into a 48" panorama, I also keep CDU, EICAS & Throttle popups plus Kneeboard checklists on display all the time- (as well of course, as main 2D panel ). OH and COM panels are FPS hogs so they are displayed as needed. Incidentally, all these popups are arranged so that the EICAS, fuel cutoff switches and OH engine start switches are all simultaneously visible.With this load, my poor old sys breathes pretty hard but with FS9 settings about mid range everything is smooth with NO stutters or pauses. FPS typically is 10-24: at a busy airport vs FL300. A faster sys woud be nice but this old rascal is soooo reliable and smooth, I doubt we'll ever part. (at 76- hard to justify new iron!)Alex Reid