Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

craig_read

APU External Sound - Considered?

Just a question really, pretty much like the title states, was the APU external sound ever considered during the 747 or 747X development? With the APU running and no other traffic, when I'm outside the aircraft it's pretty much silent on my versions...Not a problem really, just asking out of interest really.CheersCraig

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Most places ask you shut the APU down as soon as for environmental reasons, or as the cynics would have it, so they can charge you for air and power.Maybe PMDG are just doing their bit for the noise pollution.David "jumbojock" Robertson

David,lol... well with current fuel prices maybe it's cheaper to use external air and power?!? I think the 747-400 should be making a noise though if it has electrical power from the APU or otherwise... Would be nice to have the sound though I think... don't you? Just a nice to have that's all.CheersCraig

I seem to recall that there were dificulties with having a sound for the apu according to the company, this has been asked before, somthing to do with fs limitations on sounds etc etckav

Yeah Armen can better explain but it was a technical issue and we decided to leave it out...