Sign in to follow this  
Guest kd80

Strange error when using FSBuild 2 and trying to export...

Guest kd80

Hey,I'm trying to use FSBuild to export a flight plan to the FMC of the PMDG 737NG, however, when I attempt to do this, I receive the error:ERR -unable to create PMDG 737NG FMC file PMDGFLIGHTPLANSRTE.rteI try changing the path in the Options folder, but it's got no option to do so. I've attached a screen shot of the error. The folder definitely exists.Thanks

Hey, gotta use your real name in this forum...My FSBuild is setup with the full path name, have you tried that?

Dan Downs KCRP

It looks as though you have installed FSBuild in your main FS directory -- is that the case? Are you running Vista or XP? If you are running Vista, FSBuild probably doesn't have permissions to write to the PMDG sub-directory; try running it with admin permissions. If you are running XP, you might ask your question in the FSBuild Forums, or run the registry repair tool available in several places (Flight 1, for instance) and re-install FSBuild.DJ

I have just loaded FS Build using FSX on Vista for use with the 747 and I get exactly the same message - any ideas anyone?

I have just loaded FS Build using FSX on Vista for use with the 747 and I get exactly the same message - any ideas anyone?
As I have suggested in prior posts in this forum, when running Vista, run BOTH the installation process and the product itself for BOTH FSX and all add-ons using the option "Run as administrator". This could be your problem but even if it is not, I suggest you do this anyway.Zach

zachlog