Sign in to follow this  
Sharrow

744X Dodgy Gauges

Hi thereMy apologies if this has come up before.Given the otherwise superb quality of the 744X VC it seems a bit odd to me that the quality of the various standby gauges is so "low". Is there something that can be done to fix this issue? I am running 1680x1050 widescreen - maybe that is stretching them or something? Not too keen on using the fsx widescreen switch, not even sure it would help? Any ideas?Screenshot of "suspect" gauges attached.ThanksKonradhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/188757.jpg

Konrad

I have to agree, ive never understood how a company that stakes its reputation on the quality of their products can release it with such poor quality areas right next to very high quality areas. Its just seems a shame that they go to such lenghts to create realism in certain areas but seem to completely neglect others which spoil and detract from all the hard work put in to them. I love the pmdg 747 for its complexity but i have to say the VC quality realy lets it down in parts , certain guage and texture wise, particulaly when there are companies out there that produce beautiful crisp guages, this proves it can be done so why not here?( Realair as an example) Im sure they will say well you cant expact it all for the price charged to the customer, just seem a shame to spoil what could be excellent kav

Perhaps the imminent update will include some new gauge textures amongst the general VC texture cleanups listed as being included?Failing that does anyone know if these standby guages could be replaced by 3rd party ones? ThanksKonrad

Konrad

You may have to rearrange the furniture but for a 'little' extra I hear these guys will give you better guages...

Rob

Rob Prest

those gauges are hard coded in to the VC i dont believe there is anyway of changing them except by the developer who would have to re write the code, its not like altering a 2d , that is my understanding anywaykav