Sign in to follow this  
Guest digitalHD

PMDG 747 and 9dragon sid\star

Guest digitalHD

Hello,I am using dargon9's kaitak scenery alongside with pmdg 747.i tried to add the sid and statrs for the airport following the instruction in this zip file downloaded from the avsim libaray : 9dsidstr.zipnow, when try to enter a star the fmc says PROGRAM ERROR..whats wrong and how can i fix this ?thank you.mark----------------------Well, ok i believe the error occured because i didnt input flightplan properly. i mean i didnt input the SID etc etcnow the magenta line isnt stable i.e it keeps changing according to the attitude of the flight so for example when i turn the magenta line bends etc etcwhats wrong with it ?

PROGRAM ERROR means there's a problem with the SIDSTAR file. Post the contents here and someone will be able to figure out what.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

WITHIN the 9Dragons installer there is a PMDG SIDSTAR file- written by OUR OWN Steve Bell- it is SUPERB! Just use that one- it will put you right on the Loc intercept. I loaded the procedure and flew the ATC directed approach, and the flight path was BANG on- it was almost like we were tracing the magenta line!There are a LOT of goodies in the 9Dragons installer- read them all- well worth it!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest digitalHD

Hello carl.thanks for responding.I followed the instruction in the zip file and modified the files in the FMCWP folder and copied the .txt file to the sidstar folderI can see all of the produces and everything is fine. the problem begins when im actuall in flight.when i reach the CH vor the waypoint isnt automatically switches to the next waypoint, and when i turn the aircraft, suddently the magenta line gets twisted for some reaons.

Mark:I have flown that exact procedure- T/O, TD or TL, CH, GOLF, SL, IGS13 hundreds of times. After the initial Tung Lung or Tathong, Steve's procedure has CH, Golf and SL with the right turn to intercept the IGS- I'm not sure what you mean by the line getting "twisted".There are times the FMC will recompute a course slightly, especially apparent when adding hard crossing heights in descent, but it sounds like you might have CH already in, then add the procedure and close the DISCO without over-writing the old CH with the new one......could this be the issue?Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest Alias

>WITHIN the 9Dragons installer there is a PMDG SIDSTAR file->written by OUR OWN Steve Bell- it is SUPERB! Can you send it over to me please? I'm using Fly Tampa's KAI TAK but I need this file.Thank youLorenzo lo.sc@libero.it