Sign in to follow this  
wongben4

Help Hard Drives Crashed

Hi, I replaced the PC's chassis fan yesterday and I don't know what I did wrong... now I cannot boot my PC (it just keep restarting without even seeing the windows logo)... I then booted up my PC with windows XP setup disk and run recovery console and realized that my harddrives are crashed (2 seagate 320 gb 7.10). Could someday give me a suggestion on which data recovery software is good? I am willing to spend up to 200 USD... There are about 10gb of photo which I don't want to loss... Thanks,Ben

I didn't intentionally ground myself.. but I did touch the PC chassis with power cord pluged in... I guess it would do the trick...Ben

You're gonna need to spend a LOT more than $200 for professional data recovery if they really crashed.Recheck all your connections, motherboard switches etc... make sure this isn't something else that you've overlooked. It's highly unlikely that two HDs would both "crash" at the same time.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks, I double checked and all the connection looks fine... I know it will cost a lot for professional service... but what I need is just 10gb of photo in the two 320gd hard drives... and I just did a defragement few weeks ago, and I guess those picture files are still clustered together and hope that those sectors are not damaged...ThanksBen

Try taking the drive out and putting it in another computer if you have access to one. You want to rule out any other possible causes like the motherboard's disk controller etc...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com