Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest rjb747400

MCP747 Setup help

Guest rjb747400

Hello and thanks for helping.I have the Aerosoft MCP747 (USB version) and have downloaded the demo of the drivers for FSX and the 2.6 drivers for the unit it self. My problem is that I am not able to set up a virtual serial port for the unit to access. I found drivers at this site http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm but they failed to work, they were the best that i found on the net. I am running FSX, PMDG 747X and Windows Vista 64.Please HelpRobertIntel C2Q Q6600 2.40GHz CPU4.00 GB RAM2 - GeForce 8800 GTX Ultra2 - 150GB Raptor HD

Robert,Attached is a detailed installation guide.If you can't open it and I will E-mail it to you.Tom

Robert,I couldn't open it after I sent it so you won't be able to either. The original file is a Word Perfect file and I changed it to a .rtf file. If you don't have Word Perfect I can send it as a MS Word file.TomTHibben@prodigy.net

Guest rjb747400

Thanks for the reply I just emailed you.

Personally I have found Vista unfriendly with serial ports and you need to run the program accessing them with "Run as Administrator" otherwise they don't have access to the serial port.At least this is true with Jepessen FlightStar and my GPS which uses the serial port.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

John Veldthuis

Specs: ASUS X79-DELUXE | Intel Core i7-5960X Extreme @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce GTX980 | 32GB Ram | Cooler Master HAF 932 case | ASUS PB279Q, 4K UHD, 27" Monitor | Windows 8.1 | Segate 2x2TB 7200rpm drives, SanDisk 2x256GB SSD| Corsair Hydro Series H105, Watercooling kit

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $715.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now