Sign in to follow this  
navymmw

737 Texture installation problem.

Hello. In my PMDG 737 series I'm having trouble installing the textures. Here is the problem. Just today I downloaded a Delta 737-700 winglets plane for the PMDG 737. So once it downloaded I moved the texture folder into the PMDG 737-700 winglets folder. I then updated the aircraft.cfg and believe me. Everything is 100% correct, i've checked it over like 80 times and everything is exactly how it shold be. Anyway, when I open FS and go to my PMDG to select it, the planes is not there and just to be safe I checked all the models but still no luck. Now I can use your installers really easily but when I try to manualy install addons from like avsim most do not work. I have gotten a few but not many. Im currently using FS2004 under Vista (64 bit)

Hello Michael,I've had the same problem more than once and it's always an incorrect line in the CFG. The best way to solve this is to compare them carefully to the ones that work. I don't know if it's related to Vista as I use XP. However, even if you've checked your CFG lines 80 times, have you compared them to the ones above that work?Some liveries come with different CFG lines, that's why manually installing liveries requires a lot of attention. Are you positive that it's a PMDG repaint?If you downloaded it here from the library there shouldn't be any problems. EDIT:Spelling

Im sure they are the same, I copied one from the PMDG livery and the livery I installed. They are both the same model. 737-700 with winglets, Virtual Cockpit and cabin. Now here is something interesting. Last night I uninstalled it and my PMDG 747, then re installed the 737 under XP compatability mode and ran as admin. I then installed the new livery and it worked perfectly so I then went to bed, but when i woke up this morning it was not working and istead of their being Delta their is southwest and southwest is not even in the aircraft cfg or anything.[fltsim.4]title= PMDG 737-700 - Virtual Cockpit/Cabin/Wingletssim=B737-700WLmodel=WLVCCABpanel=VCsound=texture=checklists=PMDG737NG_CHECKatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N737PMatc_airline=atc_flight_number=737ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-700 - Virtual Cockpit & Cabinui_variation=PMDG w/Wingletsdescription=Boeing 737-700 with CFM56-7B24 engines v 1.2nPrecision Manuals Development Groupnwww.precisionmanuals.com nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com or email support@precisionmanuals.com nPMDG Developer and Customer Forum available at our website. nSounds Developed in conjunction with SkySong Soundworks nFSUIPC Commercially Licensed from Pete Downson nAll Artwork encoded using Digimark Technology nFor Registration or License Questions please contact registration@precisionmanuals.com nThank you for supporting PMDG!nvisual_damage=1atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REF[fltsim.8]title=B737-700 Delta Airlines 2007 - Virtual Cockpit/Cabin/Wingletssim=B737-700WLmodel=WLVCCABpanel=VCsound=texture=DAL07checklists=PMDG737NG_CHECKatc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_id=N401DEatc_airline=Deltaatc_flight_number=737ui_manufacturer=Boeing-PMDGui_type=737-700 - Virtual Cockpit & Cabinui_variation=Delta Airlines 2007 w/Wingletsdescription=Boeing 737-700 with CFM56-7B22 engines v 1.2nPrecision Manuals Development Groupnwww.precisionmanuals.com nFor use with BOEING 737: The Next Generation by PMDG nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.comvisual_damage=1atc_heavy=0kb_reference=PMDG737NG_REF

You left out the very important first line of each entry. It looks like...flightsim.x (enclosed in square brackets)where the x is a number starting with 0 and incrementing by one for each entry in the config file. It is very important that the first one is 0 (zero) and that all of the rest increment by one. If not, then some aircraft will not show up.

Dave Paige

no, that is not it. I forgot to copy and paste the top part but that too is all correct.