Sign in to follow this  

Gear retracted on plane with non retractable gear?

Hi there!I just noticed the gear sound while flying an approach with Carenado's C-152 - I must have hit the gear button on my joystick accidentally. Then I thought "whatever" but to my surprise the plane crashed as if the gear was not retracted. I tried it again and this behaviour is reproducible. Not only with this plane but also with other add on planes that don't have rectractable landing gears. From the outside view everything looks normal but the simulator thinks I have not extracted the gear. So I looked into the .cfg files but couldn't find anything. I even compared the C-152 with the default B737, no hint either.The default C-182S (not RG) does not have this behaviour. Can anybody enlighten me on this? Where are the entries that need to be made?TIA,Boe

I've noticed this problem when I've previously flown a retract aircraft inflight and changed to a fixed. The gear is retracted when I make the switch, and when I land the plane it does a gear up landing too!Don't know if this is fixable or not.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I ran into this as well. As they say "if it takes full power to taxi, you probably landed with the gear up".I just stay away from the gear lever...Dave