Sign in to follow this  
Andrea1

Flaps primary control failure

Hi to all,Firstly I'd like to thanks very much all the PMDG staff for the continous working and developping of their wonderful B744 simulator.I'm a FS9 use and I has been very happy in discovering in July the new 1.2 release! Yes I know: I'm late in doing this but a problem with my password first and my summer holidays cause me to stay away from my computer for a while.Now it's the question: It was flying (and refreshing my studies about)a failure scenario involving a flaps primary failure: Yes I know there's not a direct option about some flight controls failures in the 744 failure generator (let's hope it'd be implemented in a future upgrade together with a "rapid depressurization" an "hot start or compressor stalls" and maybe, but it's very complex to realize due to the great nimbers of systems involving in it a "volcanish ash" failure scenario: Yes I know I'm a bit a dreamer but I've used for 10 years the PS1.3 B744 sim) so I've tought that by cause a failure in the N1 and N4 hydraulic system (as stated also at page 40-41 and page 69-70) of B744 system manual I'd triggered the "flaps controls" "flaps primary" failure causing me to operate the flaps in secondary mode (alternate flaps mode) . To be more "safe" I armed an "hydraulic leak failure" in n1., 4 and 3 hydraulic systems!!! (so i avoided the necessity to simulate also a failure in the pneumatic systems feeding the AUX pumps) but, with my great surprise nothing happens: of course I got a gear problem (I had to use alternate gear extension), a brake source etc..but flaps lowered noramlly by using the flaps levers: no indication of something flaps primary failures (also if in to the manual is stated that traling edge flaps and leading edge flaps primary controls are commanded by hydraulic systems 1 and 4 and only the secondary alternate mode is electrically driven) also the flaps indication in the lower Eicas remained normal (a single withe line) not the secondary mode flaps indication.Is that a "little little bug" of the PMDG 744?CiaoAndrea - Como I

Guest hangar744

hi there,***(so i avoided the necessity to simulate also a failure in the pneumatic systems feeding the AUX pumps)***Note, the AUX pumps are electric pumps powered by the GHB...so only available on ground. Or did you mean demand pumps?regards,delcom, EHAM

Andrea,Did you actually deplete the #1 and #4 Hydraulic systems so that the low pressure warnings were generated and the pumps had to be shutdown? That should have triggered the Flaps Primary fault with the loss of pressure.RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Hi, it seems that the flaps are still moving until I switch off every engine. Then the flaps don't move anymore in the primary mode and you have to switch on the alternate mode. Jan-Paul