Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimulatorpilot

PC Aviator PMDG B737NG

Hi,I noticed that PC Aviator has the PMDG 737-800/900 for sale on CD, and they ship it to the US. So, I have a few questions about it:1. Do I have to have the PMDG 737-600/700 installed, or can I just install the -800/900 package alone, like when you buy via Aerosoft?2. Do I still need to install the 744/744F after the 737?3. I plan on buying the -600/700 package later (also from PC Aviator). Do I have to install the packages in order, or can I install -600/700 after -800/900?4. Finally, is there anything different in this version than if I were to download the product from PMDG's website?Thanks in advance for any help.Ernad

Lots of information on this already in the forum and on the Wiki. If you do a search you will find all of the answers. :-)In summary, I believe you have to have the 600/700 to use the 800/900.

Hi George,I did search this forum before starting this thread, and I tried to search the Wiki, but I couldn't find anything.Basically, I found that you can use the 800/900 alone when you buy it on CD, but I couldn't find any answers to my other questions.If I buy both, I don't know if they will work like they do when you download them (the 800/900 updates the 600/700). Most of my questions I think I know the answer to, but I was just looking for someone to "confirm" what I was thinking before I buy the product. :)Ernad

I have the CD 600/700 and the 800/900 (Aerosoft CDs). See answers below:>Hi,>>I noticed that PC Aviator has the PMDG 737-800/900 for sale on>CD, and they ship it to the US. So, I have a few questions>about it:PC Aviator has shipping inventory in the U.S. and Australia. If it is in stock in the US then it will ship from North Carolina. I checked the web site and I did not notice it on sale.>>1. Do I have to have the PMDG 737-600/700 installed, or can I>just install the -800/900 package alone, like when you buy via>Aerosoft?It is the Aerosoft package if on CD. It can stand alone unless it has changed in the last eighteen months.>2. Do I still need to install the 744/744F after the 737?Don't have it, can't help.>3. I plan on buying the -600/700 package later (also from PC>Aviator). Do I have to install the packages in order, or can I>install -600/700 after -800/900?You must remove the 800/900, then install both in order. There is also a service pack that needs to be installed after both (it is basically a panel upgrade). When you get your CD, you can register the product on Aerosoft for support. This will give you access to the FAQ and patches at Aerosoft.com for your product.The reason the order is critical is that the 800/900 panel gauges are shared with the 600/700. The 800/900 gauges have more functionality that will carry over to the 600/700. If you installed in the reverse order you would at the very least replace newer gauges with the older less functional ones.>4. Finally, is there anything different in this version than>if I were to download the product from PMDG's website?>Since the 800/900 can stand alone, perhaps the PMDG module furnished might be different, not sure. The registration ID that comes with the CD should be golden and I do not recall any on-line registration required to run it, just the number that comes with the CD.I have downloaded a few liveries from PMDG and they work correctly.>Thanks in advance for any help.>>Ernad